seventeen

It was a bright August morning when Alice had woken up all of the participants in order for them to commemorate their work on refurbishing many things throughout the camp. 

Mara had started to open up more to other people, making a few acquaintances along the way.

Her confidence was returning, with the help of Druig constantly complimenting her and praising her, and her post-break-up depression was diminishing.

Whenever she would think about Sam and Kinsey (which wasn't a lot), she would chuckle to herself, reminding herself how pathetic they were.

"Campers!" Alice said in her loud, nasally voice.

She stood in front of the newly furnished well, Myra by her side.

Mara had finally gotten on good terms with Myra ever since their squabble when the girl first arrived at the camp.

They had shared a mutual respect for each other. 

Maybe it was because she was with Druig, not that it mattered, but whenever Mara would even pass by the older woman, she wouldn't receive a glare. 

"I would like to give a huge congratulations to all of you for finishing this well, which, by the way, doesn't look half bad!" she smiled, her wrinkles crinkling ever so slightly.

The mass of teenagers all broke out into applause and loud cheering.

From the corner of her eye, Mara could see Sam and Kinsey shrugging their shoulders arrogantly and snickering, most likely telling each other that they could've done the whole project all by themselves without a single complaint.

All of the teenagers' hard work had paid off and they had received many compliments and thank yous from the grateful villagers. 

This ungrateful group of people managed to make something to benefit others.

"Since we have finally finished this project, you all get the rest of the day off. Great job, everyone! We really are proud of you," Alice said as she brought a hand up to bid them farewell, Myra at her tail.

Mara had never liked Alice until that moment.

Suddenly, Druig appeared from the shadows and stopped the two women, speaking to them in a hushed whisper, his eyes darting towards Sam and Kinsey's forms ever so often.

"Wait, everyone!" Myra called as she saw everyone trying to leave.

"You two," the dark-skinned woman pointed at Sam and Kinsey, causing their eyes to widen.

"Us?" Kinsey stuttered.

"Yes, you two, come here," Myra said impatiently as the two trudged towards her nervously.

"You two will have to continue your work and will not receive a day off," she said as Sam and Kinsey's jaws dropped simultaneously.

"What?" they said in unison.

Mara immediately turned around to see Myra talking to them and Druig standing a few feet behind her, a smug grin on his face.

"That sly bastard," Mara stifled a laugh.

"It's so hot outside and everyone else is going to swim in the river, that's so unfair!" Sam put his hands over his face in annoyance as Kinsey had a similar expression on her face.

She looked especially annoying dressed in a black pencil skirt and white tank top. It was like she was copying Mara's exact clothing style, she could have sworn that she had worn something like that before.

She must be so desperate, Mara thought.

"Can you tell us what we were doing that even showed the littlest amount of arrogance because I can't recall anything but being proud about the well that we so kindly helped repair," Kinsey argued with that twisted tongue of hers.

Druig trudged towards them.

"No one needs to prove anything to you two, now get to work. I want you to clean all of the outhouses," Druig's voice was dark as the two teenagers trembled beneath the tall man.

Mara saw tears prick Kinsey's eyes, her lip quivering as she clung to her new boyfriend tightly.

"Now!" he said harshly as the two scurried off towards the cleaning hut to get supplies.

As Alice and Myra walked away, Mara ran up to Druig and planted her lips against his which surprised him for a moment before he reciprocated her actions.

"You telling them off was really hot," the girl said between kisses.

She could feel Druig smirk against her lips as he pulled away, leaving Mara desperate for more.

"Was it now?" he questioned mockingly, staring down at the girl with his blue eyes, Mara trying to kiss him once more.

"It was," she smiled up at him, "Now kiss me," Mara spoke impatiently.

"My impatient girl," he lifted her legs around his waist, the girl giggling happily. 

He carried her over to his cabin, pinning her against it.

Their lips attached as Mara tread her hand through Druig's hair, their kisses becoming hungrier and hungrier.

Mara wanted his lips on hers forever.

His lips trailed down onto her neck, making a shiver go down the girl's back with pleasure.

"You're so much better at this than Sam," Mara let out a breathy sigh as Druig kissed a particularly sensitive spot on her neck.

"Am I now?" he pulled away as his signature smirk formed on his flushed face.

"Yes, now quit being a tease and fucking kiss me," Mara insisted.

"Sometimes I feel like I need to wash that pretty mouth of yours. So beautiful, but the words that come out...well," Druig had his eyes on her plump lips as he gently traced them with the pad of his thumb.

Suddenly, two gasps were heard as the two turned around to see Sam and Kinsey gaping at them.

"I told you she was hooking up with him," Sam's face curled into revulsion as Kinsey's eyes flicked from him to Mara and Druig.

"I thought you were kidding, I didn't think you were serious," the brown-skinned girl spoke in a hushed whisper.

"You know we can hear you, right?" Mara scoffed as Druig put her on the floor, securing his arms around her waist.

Sam looked down at Druig's hands which were placed on Mara's stomach and clenched his fists.

"Something wrong, Samuel?" Mara asked innocently.

"Nothing's wrong, Mara we were just leaving," her ex-boyfriend said darkly as he grabbed Kinsey's hand and stalked away.

"Enjoy fucking grown men, you whore!" he shouted back at Mara.

Druig instantly took his hands off of Mara and marched his way towards Sam, with the intent of beating him up.

The girl quickly grabbed his hands and put a hand on his cheek, pulling his face towards her. 

"Druig, he's not worth it, he's clearly jealous. Besides, you wouldn't want to ruin those beautiful hands of yours beating up someone like him," the brown-eyed beauty smirked up at him, causing him to instantly relax.

"Mmm," he hummed, "If he ever says anything offensive about you ever again, I won't hesitate to slap the shit out of him,"

"Come on, let's get back to what we were doing before we were so rudely interrupted," she pulled Druig's hand, leading him to the privacy of his cabin. 

---

4. chapters. left.....

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and i hope that it isn't too boring for anyone

let me know what you guys think!!

--- jordan and asiya<3