Chapter 7

Y/N didn't expect to wake back up when she fell asleep.

Did the night even pass? Did she sleep that heavily?

"You! You there!" Someone called out to what Y/N presumed was her. She turned, feeling someone's hands on her shoulders with a pushing force, "go! Go! That way!"

This person looked shaken, like they had seen something terrible. They had dirty brown hair that was put into two braids, she was also wearing the same kind of outfit Y/N wore, so she believed her.

They both started running, but to where? This place...it was an open field with gorgeous trees, sparkling with new youth. They were fresh with morning dew, small droplets falling from the leaves. It was unnerving when one fell on the H/C haired girl's nose, causing her to shiver. Everything felt so real here, but why didn't she wake up in that small shack? Did someone move her in her sleep, or were those events that happened yesterday fake?

A scream came from deep within the forest they were running in and the two girls halted in their steps and glanced at each other with shocked eyes. Was that normal in such a peaceful forest such as this?

Literal darkness began to shroud around the two and they could only see a few feet in front of them.

"Y/N!? Y/N! Where did you go?" The girl questioned, her voice surrounding the female as she glanced around.

Then she paused, repeating the other's words in her head. How did she know her name? Y/N hadn't spoken a thing or even given her name to her.

Y/N stayed silent, backing away from the source of the noise and brushed her hand along the realistic trees, hiding behind one. When the darkness left their eyes, they were no longer in a forest, but the entrance of a circus. The faint tune of Ring Around the Rosie was playing in the distance, giving this amusement park an eerie vibe.

There was a carousel in the center of the area, warm light filtering from the inside of colorful tents. There were lanterns hanging from metal posts around the park, which gave it a lovely modern vibe within the circus. Y/N could see new faces now. They were shocked, confused; some were crying.

"What happened?! I wasn't here before!" Someone screamed.

"I-I...aren't I dead?! What's going on..?" Someone to the right of her whispered loudly. The distant sound of cheerful with the darker meaning grew somewhat louder. It would repeat loudly.

Y/N stepped closer to the carousel, which was working slowly. The mirrors at the center of the children's ride reflected the things around her, the horses and other distinct animals flashing by the mirrors in dull color. Then, the quickest flash of blue moved by the mirror and the female stumbled back. There were only warm colors of oranges, reds, and yellows.

Then, the shadow of something large appeared on the ground below her and Y/N uncontrollably lunged out of the way, her legs trembling with the force of the blast where she was a moment ago. A large dent appeared when the hammer was lifted.

"Aw~, so close.." A voice cooed with disappointment above the gathering of humans around the carousel. Most avoided the area where Y/N almost got squished, some inched away from the area even though they were far from getting harmed.

Y/N glanced upwards and saw something unbelievable.

There was a clown, floating in the air with a large hammer in his right hand. He had bright, cotton candy blue hair with elf-like ears pointed out. His hair was long, twirling all the way down to his waist with bells attached to the ends. For a clown, he seemed quite built underneath the black uniform that stuck tightly to his body.