Chapter 9

"Looks like updates have happened to the board, so let's take a look!" The announcer grinned, the camera panning to the side of the screen. Greyed-out faces of contestants appeared on the screen. Six greyed-out pictures. Six new deaths.

"Wow! today has been quite an eventful day, hasn't it? One less than the first toll calling!" He kept the shining grin across his face, walking steadily back over to the seating arrangements with the older male. He sat patiently, glancing at the screen once and a while when they played clips of different contestants in the maze.

The announcer sat down, brushing some of his hair out of his eyes, "especially with all the action that's happening inside the maze, don't you think this season is different than all the others?"

The man closed his eyes for a moment, nodding silently.

"We've been watching here, but we don't know the full extent of everything," the man continued on, "not even the most boisterous of fans could watch all point of views at once."

Nodding in agreement, the announcer cleared his throat.

"Speaking of fans, some have speculated that something is happening behind the scenes. The media has noticed it recently; where is all the money we're donating going towards? What's this 'special' project?"

People at home leaned forward, surprise written on their features. The media, mostly news networks, were speculating it was something to do with One Killer Maze, or something entirely different. The man hummed, hands folded on top of the table.

"Yes," he finally spoke after the previous pause, "there is something I'm working on that has everything to do with One Killer Maze."

"You heard it here folks!" The announcer turned to the camera, "from the creat-"

"I wasn't finished," the man interrupted and the announcer fell silent, his face growing slightly pale as he nodded to the older male to continue.

"This will have a great effect on the maze and its players. Our current researchers and employees working on it have been helpful, but the technology that has been created so far will not be enough." He explained with a serious tone, coldness edging off of his voice, "I am certain that the production of this machine will be completed at the end of this season."

Careful to not interrupt the man again, the announcer was silent for a few more seconds before speaking, his face immediately switching back to his normal smile.

"Looks like you heard it from the man himself! We will appreciate all your donations and may open up a little treat if we reach the halfway mark~." A bar appeared at the bottom of the screen. It was large, but only 1/3 of it was filled. The bar filled slightly, updating as people sent in money to the servers.

~

PaimonSnaq - @(Star4ce) - 4h

| YOOO RACHEL SURVIVED LETS GOOOOOOOO🎉🎉🎉🎉

| 💬36.2k 🔁96.1k 🖤71.9k

. . .

Nahrrator - @(asweetstory4u) - 4h

Replying to @(Star4ce)

| sent her some bandages and disinfectant. def needed it...

| 💬98.1k 🔁43.4k 🖤187.1k

. . .

ChesireMinx - @(smilesweetie) - 4h

Replying to @(asweetstory4u)

| udropped this 👑

| 💬43.2k 🔁53.5k 🖤93.9k