Chapter

It was cold. So...so cold.

Where am I?

A sudden laugh, a startling laugh. One filled with such malice and evil...it was terrifying.

"'Where am I?' He says!" The laughter began to buzz loudly in the coolness of...wherever they were. Something was wet against the front of his torso and it smelled rotten against his face. Trying to lift his hands up to the burning flesh near his mouth was a futile attempt.

Oh...that's right, he relaxed, I died... The thought of that did not fill him with dread. In fact, he was filled with guilt and remorse. All he wanted to do was curl up...and die again.

"Don't give me that pity party, boy. I give you a few last breaths and that's how you want to spend it? Bah! Humans and their pitiful emotions," the bodyless voice echoed around him, startling him once more.

"You," he cringed, his voice hoarse and scratchy, "you're keeping me alive?"

There was silence for a moment.

"You may not realize it, but there are more things you wish to do, isn't there? More...dreams you want to fulfill. Promises you are meant to keep." The voice whispered in his ear, leaving him breathless, "ties you want to sever.."

"I can allow you to do those things... If you listen to what I have to say, that is," it spoke onwards, "there are things I want to do as well and I chose you during your final breath. Believe me. It was better that it turned out this way."

Better? It was better that he should've died than lived?

"It was better that they think you're dead." The voice clarified. He cringed once more, knowing full well now that this voice could read his thoughts. "I didn't want to draw any suspicion... And now that we're alone, I think it's the perfect time to return."

Falling silent, he felt uncertain. It was enjoyable that he no longer had to experience the pain of losing his loved ones, his friends, his brother. But deep down in his heart, he knew that there was more to do. More terrors that stay slumbering in this world. Would it be better if he just laid down and died, allowing the horrors to rein?

"Alright.." He breathed out, his accent trembling, "I-"

A gasp ripped from his throat as searing light reached his eyes. He immediately clutched his stomach, the pain from the weapon piercing his abdomen still clear as day. Dried blood stained over the shirt he wore, a small hole signifying the wound. He lifted his hand up towards his face and parted his lips. Quickly, he crawled around, looking for a mirror, a puddle, something that he could use as a reflection. On the ground he found a small, dirtied pool of water and glanced down, terror taking form across his face.

A large tear of skin was left marking from the left end of his lips, halfway up his cheek. It was still so bloodied and horrid. Half of the iconic look of the killer who had skewered him which felt like only minutes ago. He was about to lose it.

What a terrible thing he has done to you. A voice broke through his thoughts, don't let your anger control you now. Allow it to fester for a while.

The male stumbled back, his eyes wide, "what..why...am I alive?" He still could not believe it. The voice in his head laughed deeply, the voice had changed. It was now echoing and gravely like multiple people were speaking at once.

As I told you...there are many things for us to do, Sasha. So let's become..."friends" and repay our debts together.