Chapter 11

REVEALoKM - @(TRUTHTOOKm) - 4h

| THERE IS STILL TIME. HELP THEM!

| 💬76.3k 🔁62.2k 🖤85.9k

. . .

~

The dark felt nice.

Y/N felt comfortable there, hearing nothing, feeling nothing.

There was nothing to hurt her there, it was cold, soothing, relaxing.

But something burned in the back of her mind screamed at her to wake up. Wake up.

Wake up!

And so she did.

She awoke to the feeling of excruciating pain all throughout her body.

Y/N couldn't feel her hands. They were numb; probably due to the fact that they were tied above her head, loose rope binding her wrists at the top of the metal rod that was stuck into the ground behind her torso. With her blurred vision, she could feel the rough texture of a tree's roots under her legs. She moved slowly, uncertain of her surroundings.

"Ah, she's awake!" Samantha, the first to notice the woken girl, spoke with a sinister smile. She grabbed the metal rod that was lying at her feet and began marching over. Y/N's eyes widened when she poised to strike.

Quickly, the female pushed herself up, using her bent arms as a shield for her head. The bend in her elbows gave secure protection and she could feel the harsh sting of the rod. Y/N let out a pained grunt at the feeling, but her feet were immediately swept out from under her.

"Sammy," a gruff voice called from between two trees. A head of ginger hair peeked out from between them, "Brian and the others are gone right now...tone it down a bit."

The blonde sucked in a breath and dropped the rod, "you're right.."

When Y/N thought it was over, she relaxed slightly but didn't see it coming when a foot flew at her face, knocking her head to the side harshly. She could see stars and knew for sure that there would be a bruise there. Dirt now stained the side of her jaw too. Her clothes were filthy and her shoes were gone.

The H/C haired girl hung her head, shutting her eyes in exhaustion. Each part of her body ached and honestly...she was having none of it. If only an ounce of strength returned to her she could possibly make a run for it! But...there was no way. They were prepared for anything and these two couldn't possibly be the only ones around. The rest of the group was probably returning soon.

Y/N tilted her head to the side to scan the area.

She noticed they were in some sort of clearing with old, horrifying-looking trees. There were dead leaves hanging off of all of them at the moment and only a few were actually healthy. There was no sight of a path nearby so they probably traveled directly to this site where Sasha and she were last at.

Right, Sasha.

His betrayal struck Y/N's heart like an arrow (which was slightly ironic). How could she fall for such a façade for this long? Was everything he told her a complete lie?

The girl then noticed two boxes stacked underneath a tree, dead leaves covering the plastic wrap. Her small bag was lying next to it, the string of the slingshot peeking out of it. Sasha hadn't opened the care packages yet. Deep within her heart, she wondered if there was still a chance, but that feeling was swept away quickly when she heard the sounds of footsteps approaching.

They were talking, laughing, and smiling amongst themselves like a carefree group with nothing to worry about. Y/N noticed two of them held a care package each and settled together at the end of a tree. Brian, one of the first faces she saw at the maze, stood directly in front of her. He kneeled down, a smile gracing his face.