Chapter 12

Y/N was still in pain, still tired, still not used to this world.

She was sitting on the very top of a pile of pillows, staring down at a large stage. There were two figures unconscious on the stage, asleep on the wooden floorboards. The one on the very left had ash-blond hair which was tossed to the side in curly waves. He had very pale skin. The one in the middle had black hair and long fringe that covered his closed eyes. His hair ended at his ears, almost like a lob.

But on the very right, blood stained the brown wood. There was no body, just a crimson stain.

"Oh, oh~! Looks like you're earlier than the others," a voice chilled her body, she spotted the clown dancing in the dark skies. They were placed out in the open. The circus was nowhere in sight.

"Where are we?" She questioned, beginning to stand, but then felt a force holding her back. She glanced down and noticed a chain wrapped around her ankle. Y/N tugged at it once more and then looked up at Candy Pop, who was nowhere to be seen.

"Just some...extra measures so that the audience doesn't try and run onstage!" A voice breathed into her ear. Y/N knew who it was and stepped the other way, but then felt herself bump against someone. She whipped around, glancing to the area where she heard the voice, then to Candy Pop who stood in an entirely new place. He laughed at her antics.

"I can be anywhere at any time, sweetie. Doesn't matter how," he flashed a toothy grin, his clawed hand resting on his chin. Wait, did that mean he could also appear in the real world as well? This thought frightened her, but so far she had only seen him in her dreams so it was a firm no right now.

Candy Pop and Y/N paused in their short conversation when the sounds of others waking on the stands below filled the air. They were held down by the same shackles on their ankles. The two on the stage began to wake as well.

The colorful clown appeared at the front of the stage, standing out in the open and in front of the crowd who watched him in terror. He clapped his hands together, the world falling dark around them. Three bright spotlights suddenly flickered on and were focused on the dream demon.

"I'm glad that everyone is finally awake," he drawled out in a bored tone, "it also seems like we're missing an important guest today... Huh! Wondered what happened to him!"

Y/N stared at Candy Pop in shock as his malicious eyes seemed to land on her form in the dark. Did he know? How did he know? The female clenched her hands in anticipation, her brows furrowing together with suppressed rage.

"Even so...we'll need a volunteer!" The darkness lightened slightly so everyone could see at least some distinct features of those beside them. Y/N couldn't see a single person below; she was probably too far up. There was a small flame of chatter among those below her and the small talk soon became a large flame of shouting.

The H/C-haired girl looked over to the clown who kept his smile across his face, but the smile didn't reach his eyes. She could see the irk in his irises all the way up above. She swallowed and began to step forward, her lips parting to speak up.

"I'll do it." That was not her voice.

The whole area fell silent, their eyes falling on a male who had a slight buzzcut on the sides of his head, but dark red hair was swept to the right of his head. He stood tall, his shoulders back and a blank look across his face. Candy Pop's irk disappeared and was replaced with one of interest.

"May I ask on your reasoning why?" The killer leaned forward, his feet lifting from the ground. The male's brows narrowed and he frowned.

"I've been...unreasonable as of late. I haven't been showing a good side of me," he didn't seem to be speaking to Candy Pop anymore, but to the crowd of people, "I don't want to be seen as a bad guy."