Epilogue: True End

Y/N heard a knock, it was normal, there wasn't any peculiar noise it made, but the door opened slowly after. A male, one she had no recollection of, stood staring in shock, like he was surprised to see her there when he had just called her name. A hand raised to cover his mouth and he quickly jerked his head around, the hand he just lifted falling back to his side.

"Sh-she's awake!" He called out, quickly looking back at the girl who was lying on one of the two beds in the large room. She stared at him with wide eyes, her mouth slightly open. He had ginger hair and wore normal civilian clothes (brown shirt and blue pants). Y/N didn't understand. Where was everyone? Hoodie, Masky, BEN, all of them; where was she?

Y/N threw off the blankets that covered her body and swung her legs off of the bed. She marched over to the window that was in between both beds, a dresser right in front of it. Grey clouds that reminded her of cotton created a blanket of shade over the house. She spotted the midsection of many trees and saw the beginnings of a lake nearby, the green-ish water lapping at the edges of the dirt.

The female whirled around when she heard the thumping of feet rushing up a flight of stairs. Her heart accelerated.

They're coming. They'll kill me, she glanced around the room in a panic, trying to find something to defend herself with before the others could come for her. The male at the center of the doorway stepped forward, his hands shaking back and forth.

"No, no, don't panic! They're-" The footsteps stopped and he paused in his words. Y/N inhaled sharply and quickly turned her attention to the door.

A woman, someone she knew, stood at the door, her own eyes wide and her chest heaving, obviously out of breath. After staring at each other for a few seconds, her lips curled upwards.

"Y/N," she whispered, stepping forward slowly. Y/N gaped, feeling the blood rushing in her veins beginning to slow.

"Mom..." She breathed out, moving to get up, but her legs failed her. Her mother reached forward, lowering the two of them to the carpeted floor. Y/N gripped her quickly, still shocked, "mom..."

The two of them embraced, the mother crying softly as Y/N began to fumble with her hands, trying to grasp as tightly as she could so her mother wouldn't vanish before her eyes. The girl began to wail, sobbing heavily as she kept repeating, "mom..! Mom!" Another figure appeared in the door, this person was a bit more memorable than the one next to him. It was Gilbert L/N. Her father's brother. He smiled softly at the sight of the two women and pulled the ginger slowly out of the room.

It took a while for Y/N to calm down, but she eventually did. They moved to the end of the bed as it was much more comfortable than the floor.

"What...happened while I was sleeping? Where are we?" Y/N murmured, staring at her bare feet while placing a hand on the side of her head. She had still yet processed things as it was all moving too fast. Her mother sighed.

"After you killed him, the news spread since one of the..." She swallowed, "the killers had broadcasted it. Everything was still filming until the providers shut down the connection."

You mean my father. Y/N thought, now staring at the palms of her hands. She clenched her hands together, and I know just who broadcasted it.

The thought of the elvish entity made her attitude sour.

"Well, before all of that happened, Jerry had come to take me here so that we'd be safe." Jerry. He must've been the ginger that had knocked on her door, he seemed to be about her age, "he actually never told me where we were going until we were halfway there."

Y/N looked over at her mother and noticed an irritated frown stretched across her lips.

"Mom?"

She turned her head to meet her daughter's E/C eyes.

"Where is here exactly?" She squeezed her knees in anticipation. Her mother's lips turned upwards and she sat up slowly. She held out a hand for her to take, which she slowly did, and allowed her mother to pull her out of the stuffy room.

The two of them descended the stairs slowly, entering the short hall that led into the living room where Jerry sat. He spotted Y/N and gave a small wave and mustered up a smile in the process. Y/N waved in response but kept her lips sealed. Her mother eventually had pulled Y/N out at the front porch of the home and due to not being able to change the clothes she was in when she woke up, Y/N was now outside in cold weather with a white t-shirt and grey shorts.

Y/N shivered, stepping over to the left so she could sit on the swinging bench. She stiffened, feeling a cold chill run through her body due to the frost from the dew. Her mother laughed at this and sat beside her and the two of them began to rock the seat gently. Y/N's gaze settled in the distance, tracing the outlines of the trees and foliage that were close and nearby. She grew startled whenever a bird would lift off from the branches and was shocked whenever a bug would fly near her head.

"You know, the strange entity that brought you here...it didn't seem malicious at all." Her mother spoke after a few minutes of silence. The H/C haired girl's head turned to the side, the hair that was curled around her neck descending to hang in the air. It was a questioning glance.

"The, I don't know, person? It was dressed in a suit and had a pale white face but no features." She described, looking pale while doing so. Y/N frowned. "It appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the living room while Jerry and I were watching the TV." She laughed dryly.

"You don't know how worried I was when I saw you in its arms." Her creased eyebrows had loosened and Y/N felt...nothing. She knew she should've felt something, but having experienced all those horrors in the maze, she hadn't a clue what was truly happening in the outside world. Had she gone numb to it all?

Y/N leaned back, the bench creaking from the abuse. She closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry... I didn't want to do any of that.." Y/N murmured, having felt that her mother had been due an apology the moment she had left to join that stupid show. Her mother's brows raised in shock and she quickly shook her head, taking her daughter's hand.

"No! Don't apologize. Gilbert told me everything and you are not in the wrong here." She squeezed Y/N's left hand tightly, "what you went through was...horrible. I wished I could've done something sooner."

"Mom..."

"But I didn't...and I knew that he was behind it all."

"Mom." She squeezed her mother's hands now, a tired frown painting her face. Her mother gave a breathy laugh once more.

"I guess we both have some things to sort out, don't we?" She whispered. Y/N nodded and looked away. The two of them sat there for what seemed like an eternity, but her mother did get up and headed back inside after ten minutes of silence. They needed a bit of time alone, even though they hadn't seen each other for about three weeks.

The sky began to darken slowly, the grey cotton in the sky fading away behind her as an inky blue overtook the baby color. Y/N drew her knees in, the bench rattling at the movement. It creaked once more in the silence, but then went quiet when she stilled. The female closed her eyes, basking in the cold darkness. There was the distant buzz of night bugs as they chirped, warning their companions of the incoming predators that watched from above. An owl sang its nightly song close by and Y/N steadied her heartbeat to match its chorus.

Y/N. The voice didn't startle her, but Y/N did open her eyes. She stayed still on the swinging chair, her eyes searching the dark forest around her for the sign of the tall entity.

We're close by. When you're ready to learn...ready to fight; come find me. The voice told her in a composed manner. Y/N blinked in surprise, lifting her chin which was resting on her curled knees.

"Hello?" She called out, waiting for an answer. She waited for a minute, then two, then three, but nobody responded. She repeated the words in her head and uncurled her legs from their position, her feet brushing the porch each time she swung backward.

They were waiting for her, willing to protect her. They would be ready when she was willing to fight once more.

~

True ending completed.

[Up next; mentions]