/|\Chapter 2/|\

"Yin~" Your mom sang as you and your dad arrived back home later that night. "there's a letter here for you, and it looks official!" She said, excitedly waving the letter in her hand.

"Oh!" You replied as you took it from her, your eyes widening with excitement.

"It just came in today, sweetheart, open it!" Your mom bubbled. You tore the top of it open and pulled the letter out, flicking the folded paper open and scanning what it read. Your face lit up, than fell. "what's wrong?.." You mom asked with concern.

"The hero agency offered my expression of interest for the job." You said softly.

"Honey, that's fantastic!"

"Well done, beautiful! But why the long face?" Your dad asked.

"I have to go in for an interview!" You wailed, apprehension etched onto your face.

"Sweetheart," Your dad chuckled, "You really need to work on your confidence."\

"Can I use my quirk?" You asked in an even tone.

"You know how I feel about you using your quirk." He said sternly, "You need to build you confidence without it" You sighed, It'd be so much freaking easier if I could just use my quirk. You grumbled internally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

++++++++++++++++++

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next week you left the house and headed down the street to the bus stop, ready for your interview for the job position at the agency.

Confidence, Confidence! You repeated internally, hoping that by saying it enough times it'd actually happen. The bus arrived an you hopped on, finding a  window seat and quickly putting your earbuds/head phones on so you wouldn't have to talk to anyone. After getting off the bus, you kept your earbuds in and headed towards the hero agency. You walked up to the door, and with a steadying breath in, pushed the doors open and stepped inside. I Should probably take my earbuds/headphones off so that I don't appear rude. You thought.

You took the buds/phones out/off and put them in your bag. It was a large building and you looked around in awe. Woops! I probably shouldn't stand right here. I'm right in the middle of the foyer like an idiot! You sidled over to the wall so that you could orientate yourself and decide where to go. Looking at the clock on your phone, you saw that you had 10 minutes before the interview, so you had time.

You looked to your left, saw the front desk, and made a beeline for it. "Hi..." You said softly to the receptionist as she looked up at you expectantly.

"Hello! how can I help you?" She asked politely with a sweet smile.

"I'm- I'm here for my interview for the payroll officer's job." You said quietly.

The receptionist nodded. "Down the hall to the very end, it'll be the last door on your left." She said pleasantly, gesturing with an open hand to the long hallway passed the desk.

"Thank you..." You said softly with a polite smile, and turned to walk down the hallway.

You had just started your long walk down the hall when you looked up and saw a group of people coming towards you. At the head of the group was non other than the second ranked hero in japan, Hawks, who was chatting idly with the person walking beside him, so he luckily didn't notice you. You froze Oh god, it's Hawks! You panicked internally, your head whipping around to look for a place to hide. You looked at the approaching group again and your heart went wild He's so unnecessarily hot! if he so much as looks at me literally going to die! You looked to your left and saw a door. In your panic, you sprang towards it and yanked it open, quickly stepping inside and closing the door behind you. Oh fuck, I just stepped into the Janitor's closet...

It was a small dark space. You put your hands out either side of you to touch the shelves It's so cramped! Oh my god, I'm feeling so claustrophobic! You tried to calm your beating heart and listened for the approaching group, praying they would pass quickly so that you could hop out and go on your way. You heard the voices getting nearer and you took a deep breath in. Just a little longer and they'll be gone. Your heart beat was ringing in your ears, Almost passed! Come on Yin, you can do it! You rallied internally.

Just then you heard the foot steps pass and let out the breath you'd been subconsciously holding for the last minute Oh thank god, they're gone...

You were about to open the door and peek when you heard some footsteps coming back and stop outside the closet you were in. Your heart sank. Oh god- oh fuck- nonononononononono! You panicked. Suddenly the door opened casually and you came face to face with the number two hero, Hawks. Yin-XL Stopped working.

"Yo" Hawks said casually as he leaned one arm on the wall, and one hand on the door that he had just opened "Playing hide and seek?" He asked with a cheeky smile. Your face went bright red and pain ripped through your chest as your adrenaline spiked.

"You alright Hawks?" A voice called from the hero's left.

The affable guy lulled his head back casually and made eye contact with the person who had addressed him, "Yeah yeah, all good! You go on ahead, I'll be with you in a minute." He said with a laid back smile.

Could you just please go with them now?! You screamed internally, It's not that I don't like you, but you've just caught me standing in the janitor's closet and I would very much like to Kermit sewer slide right now! Please! Leave!

He looked back at you, his sharp golden eyes observing you keenly. He didn't say anything in that moment, just waited patiently for you to say something, but the stress and embarrassment of the situation had stolen the vocal cords strait out of you. So you just stood there like a monument to stupidity in front of the hottest hero in the top 10 rankings.

You hadn't noticed, but you'd started to tremble. Hawks noticed, and stepped back, opening the door wider to usher you out. "Come on out, kid. I don't bite."

You sure about that? You asked internally while taking a step forward to escape your hiding place. "Where ya headed?" Hawks asked as you stepped passed him, avoiding eye contact.

"I-... I have an interview" You croaked out, barely above a whisper. still staring intently at the floor.

"I'll walk ya there!" Hawks offered in an upbeat friendly tone.

NoOooO!! "u-um..." You cleared your throat, "No, I-I'm" You stuttered, trying to say that you'd be okay to get there on your own, but Hawks interjected.

"Ah, it's fine~" He said with a dismissive hand wave, tucking the other in his pocket, "I've got time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+++++++++++++++++++++

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/-_-_A/N_-_-\

Our short king is here! that didn't take very long now, did it? ( UvU)

I may be updating on this story more than once a day since it's so long-

We're talkin 100+ chapters!

I may smoosh one or two chapters together to shorten it and make it not as intimidatingly massive! But I'll be sticking to the whole original story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+++++++++++++++++++++++

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~