/|\Chapter 22/|\

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another light warning, though it probably doesn't need one.

just a little bit of smooching ( U3U)

Anyway- Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner Hawks offered to help with dinner but your mom refused. "We have a dishwasher Hawks, It doesn't take long to load." She said with a chuckle, "Please don't rush home now that we've finished dinner! You and Yin should spend some time together, out of work." She added with a devious smile and twinkle in her eye.

"Alright, If you insist, Mrs. Lin." He said with a smile at you. "I'll at least carry the plates to the sink for you."

"Oh, Thank you!" Your mom said gratefully.

Hawks deployed six feathers, each one picked up a plate or another dish and flew them over to the sink for your mom.

"There ya go, all done." He said with a smile.

"My, what a fabulous quirk!" Your mom said excitedly, "It's so handy!"

"I'd make an amazing housewife." Hawks said with a chuckle.

"You sure would." Your mom agreed with a laugh as she looked at Hawks with a dreamy gleam in her eyes.

"Okay," You punctuated as you stood up, "Let's watch a bit of TV!"

You just wanted to find and reason to get Hawks away from your mom. This whole Hawks and mom friendliness thing was just weirding you out majorly.

"Hey, actually." Hawks said as he turned back to your mom, "Mrs. Lin, would you mind if I took Yin out for a bit? I'll bring her back within the hour, promise, I'm a good boy."

"Oh, Hawks." Your mom chuckled as she put her fingertips to her lips in a bashful manner and flicked her other hand at him as if to say 'Stop it'.

"I trust you. Stay out as long as you like, It's fine with me."

Woah! Okay. So moms just out here casually flirting with my potential man! And I guess that 8 p.m. curfew must have been dad's idea because all of a sudden, what even is a curfew? Not that dad let me go out without a tight leash anyway...  You thought

"Awesome!" He said with a smile as he took your hand, "I just wanna show her something." Oh no, where's he gonna take me? You thought.

Hawks thanked your mom again for the lovely meal which caused her to gush and go all gooey yet again. You rolled your eyes as Hawks lead you out of the kitchen to the front door.

"You uh... Don't mind if I hold your hand, do ya?" He asked, scratching the back of his head and averting his gaze as you walked up beside him, his warm, masculine hand still clasping yours. You looked at his curiously,

"This is the first time I've seen you shy." You said with a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah, I may be cocky at times, but I still like holding your hand and I just wanna make sure it's okay." He said, still looking away as he opened the front door and walked out.

"Awe~ Of course it's okay!" you said, your heart rate increasing. He smiled and glanced at you before looking away.

The two of your strolled off down the street, hand in hand, with your heart fluttering away. Hawks was unusually quite and you didn't know if you should try to start a conversation or something. What do I say? what do I say?! You thought.