~/|\Chapter 13/|\~

You swallowed hard and slowly leaned back, Hawk's arm was across your shoulder with his fingers brushing across your opposite shoulder.

"Your mom was probably put off without his quirk keeping her level. She must be taking it pretty hard." He said, taking a stab in the dark with his guess, distracting you by running his fingers up your neck and tracing around your ear.

"Yeah..." You replied, your subconscious mind telling Hawks the truth while you were heavily distracted by his alluring and suggestive touch. Ah, there we go~. Hawks thought with an internal smirk.

"Hey." He cooed as he took your other hand and gently turned your face towards him, "Don't worry, okay? I won't tell anyone."

"O-Okay..." You whispered, your mind not hearing what he had said because you were still too focused on his touch. He leaned in slowly, his gaze falling to your lips then back to your eyes. Your heart fluttered, beating wildly as you parted your lips slightly to accept his kiss, your eyes fluttering closed.

"Sorry, I shouldn't be doing this. I'm sorry..." He whispered, his lips just ghosting over yours as he pulled back "Not at work."

"S-Sorry?" You asked, suddenly aware that you'd been answering questions that you hadn't actually heard him ask.

"It's alright Chicken." He said with a smile. "I hate to do this, but I have a mission I'm supposed to be doing right now instead of kissing my payroll officer." You looked down. "I do want to kiss you." He confirmed, "But at works probably not the right place." You nodded with embarrassment. " I need to use the computer for work now." He said, "Do you mind If I have a little privacy? This is top secret work."

"Oh, of course." You said shyly, "Sorry, I'll go now." You stood up and quickly walked to the door.

"I'll be down later for our walk, Yeah?" He called out to you and you looked back at him over your shoulder. He was still lounged back on the couch with both arms up and across the backboard with legs parted, his chin down but his gorgeous smoldering eyes locked on you as he sat there.

"S-sure." You whispered with a shaky smile, Oh my god, how'd he manage to get hotter?! you thought as you left his office and went back down to yours, though you couldn't help but feel like something was off. Man, I don't remember anything about that conversation... I hope I didn't say anything I shouldn't've.

Hawks got up and walked to his desk after you'd left, typing you fathers name into the search bar of the secret service database. Okay, so this is Yin's father. I'm assuming her mother is indeed quirkless to keep the quirk lines pure, which means that Yin has the same quirk as her dad. If they want him, they'll be after her too. He closed the computer and left his office, ready to do a sweeping search for your father.

The rest of the day ticked by slowly for you. You did your work, and then waited until Hawks came to pick you up for your afternoon walk to Mr. Ligma's office. Finally he arrived "Heya Chicken." He greeted cheerfully, "Let's go." You smiled and stood up, ready to leave. Oh yeah, I gotta sign the papers for this new place after work too. You thought as you walked out beside Hawks. It was a quiet walk this time and Hawks let it be, he knew you had a lot on your mind now. "Have a good night kid." He said as he dropped you off at your boss's door and left.

"Thank you Hawks." You said softly.

You had taken all the necessary proof of identity documents to work with you, so you hopped on the bus and headed for the real estate agent to put a down statement on the apartment. You had told your mom about it but she couldn't've cared less, so you had to do this one on your own. If I can start a new life with mom, away from dad, maybe she'll be bale to pick herself up and we can move on. 

You checked the directions and walked towards the building that google maps had marked and let out a sigh of relief when you saw the real estate agent sign on the door. Oh, thank goodness! I found the right place. You pushed the door open and opened your mouth to try and say a confident hello but had to try again because the first came out as a bit of an odd squeak, which drew the attention of everyone inside. Thanks to that, you were now dying inside.

"Can I help you?" One of the agents asked.

"I-I'm here to put a payment. A d-down payment on the- the down payment for the apartment on Suckma street?" You babbled.

"Oh, yes! Right this way." The agent said, "Do you have your ID?" You thanked every deity under the sun that he understood your garbled sentence and the proceedings for buying the apartment commenced. At the end of the three hours you'd finally successfully bought your own apartment. Amazingly, you thanked them immensely and left to go home.

The agency had agreed to let you and your mom move in straight away, so you called your local moving company to help pack and relocate your things. All night you packed, managing to get your room, your moms room and most of the living room, packed. You just had the kitchen, study and laundry to go, but the Movers would do that tomorrow. I'd take the day off work tomorrow, but I KNOW Hawks would get worried and come looking for me. I don't want him to ask any questions.

The next morning you called your boss and told him you'd be to work a little later because you had to take your mom to the hospital. A little white lie, but a necessary one. Your Boss accepted without question, wishing you the best of luck. Okay, I have a half hour window to get to work after I was due. Otherwise Hawks is going to take notice that I'm not there.

You quickly got your mom's drunken ass ready and called for a taxi, which arrived 10 minutes later and you put your mom inside. "This taxi is going to take you to our new place mom, okay?" You said with a reassuring smile. "I'll just give the movers some directions and make and make sure their okay, then I'll come across and set you up alright? Here's a key, we're one the ground floor apartment, numbers on the key." You said, pointing to the number. Your mom had her head hung this whole time, and It tore you up every time you saw her in this state. "You'll be okay." You said as you kissed her cheek, "I'll be there later." You added and closed the car door, stepping back.

The taxi pulled away slowly and you watched it disappear down the street. Your mom hadn't said a word that whole time, hadn't even acknowledged you and it stabbed you in the heart a little that she didn't care one bit about how much you were trying to do this for her. I have the most ungrateful parents... You sighed internally. You turned and saw the moving truck coming down the road.

Ugh... I hate to do this but I'm gonna have to use my quirk to syce myself up. Okay, here we go. 'Confidence' You thought as you touched your arm.