/|\Chapter 18/|\

The next morning you awoke to your mom making breakfast and squealed with delight, everything spread out on the table for your eyes to feast upon greedily. Bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, biscuits, pancakes, blueberries, waffles, pop tarts, and that's not even the end of it!

You let out a little peep of excitement at the sight and clapped your hands. Your mom heard your excited noise and looked over her shoulder from where she was still cooking on the stove.

"Mom, this looks amazing!" You squealed, sitting down excitedly at the table and beaming at her.

"I'm glad you're excited! I've made enough to feed a small country, so please, eat up." She said with a little laugh and gentle smile. Your heart nearly burst with love and pride, she's come such a long way in a relatively short space of time.

It was coming up on two months now since your dad had left and everyday she seemed to be getting happier and happier. Oh, we're doing so well, I'm glad he left. It still feels a little surreal that he's gone but I'm loving this new life. You thought.

You reached out, picked up some food, and put it on your plate. Your mom walked over with the last of the food and sat down across from you. "Alright, dig in. You have work soon." She said with a smile.

"Don't mind if I do." You said excitedly as you picked up some cutlery and started eating, chewing hungrily as you beamed across the table at your mom.

"Do you get to see Hawks much at work?" Your mom asked as she picked up some food and put it in her mouth. You immediately choked on your food and ran to the trash to spit it out.

"Oh my gosh, mom!" You squeaked, "Why that question!?"

"I'm sorry sweetie." Your mom chuckled, "I didn't think you would get such a shock from that question. It was an innocent one, I assure you. He just seemed really nice and I was wondering if you got to talk to him again. I'm sure he's very busy but-"

"Oh uh, I've seen him on occasion." You said as you looked away. Man, if only she knew how much I see him everyday.

"Oh good! Next time you see him tell him I said 'Hello'." She said with a smile

"O-Okay, sure." You said bashfully and walked back to your seat, sitting down to continue breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After breakfast with your mom you got ready and left for work. Everything was running like usual. You hopped off the bus, headphones in, too walk that last little bit to work. 

As you headed down the street you saw a large crowd gathered outside a shop by the agency and you stopped dead in your tracks.

Oh~ It's a sale. That's why they're all there. You thought and debated on what to do. There's so many of them! You wailed internally. I can't get through, maybe I can go another way.

You looked at your watch and saw that you didn't have any extra time to spare. Hmm... Maybe If I cross the road? You looked to your right and saw the ridiculous traffic.

All of a sudden you felt extremely trapped. There was nowhere to go and the many noises of the busy street started to infiltrate your headphones, mixing with your music. You clutched your chest as panic started to rise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~