7.

Ever since the big change, many many wolves had shown that this was may be even worse than before.

Of course, every wolf who has a little bit respect for the other ranked, hates the way some Omegas got treated, but how things go now is not much different.

Almost none of the wolves think that this way of living is okay. Omegas, Betas, Alphas, all think there must be a way for all the ranks to live in peace, all equal and none of them in this kind of misery.

A lot of Alphas who grew up in this time, had an awful youth. For Jeongguk it may have been a little bit worse.

As a Prime Alpha, he had to be extra careful. If anyone would notice he's not just a normal Alpha and would rat him out, the pack Alpha is obligated to send out guards to bring him in.

When Kim Taejun made that deal with the Druid, he became the most powerful man alive. He went out to kill all who had even a slight chance to destroy him and those who may be able to, were only Prime Alphas, the strongest of their kind.

Jeongguk grew up hiding who he really is and never letting his powerful wolf out. Abandoned by his Omega mother he choose to never trust another of this rank, scared that when they find out about his biggest secret, they would leave too.

This is why he's hesitating, eyes locked on the pretty brunette who's sitting in the cafeteria with a sad look on his face. That's why he's having a hard time going to him and giving this mate bound a chance.

His mother didn't hesitate to leave her mate when a prime Alpha got into the mix, why wouldn't Taehyung?

"Instead of staring at him, you might want to actually talk with him?" Jeongguk looks up and felt his worried facial expression fade.

"Yugyeom?" Jeongguk smiles and gets up to give his brother a bro-hug. They're actually stepbrothers but Jeongguk doesn't like to call him that.

When Yugmi came living with them she took her son with her, Yugyeom. The two boys became best friends.

"What are you doing here?" Jeongguk asks confused as they sit around the table together.

"I heard my little brother is in a tough situation and I'm here for you," the Beta wolf smiles.

"Jeon- Yugyeom? What the hell are you doing here?" Jackson's voice sounds and the two brothers look up to see Jeongguk's friend group. All of them greet the Beta as Yugyeom tells them he's just visiting.

"He do be cute though," Yugyeom grins as he caught Jeongguk staring again. Jeongguk looks at him, glaring unwillingly.

"I know," he grumbles, annoyed he agrees with that.

"Why don't you go to him?" Yugyeom asks, grabbing the Prime's shoulder. "Look how sad he looks. I bet he wants to be with you."

"You know who he is." Jeongguk watched Yugyeom shake his head a bit too violently. "I don't. You don't either," he says.

Jeongguk sighs and looks at his mate again, seeing him sit alone now.

"Should I go to him now?" he mumbled.

"I would wait for a place a bit quieter," Yoongi interferes. "You did kind of broke his heart immediately the first time you had the chance so you might be a sensitive trigger to him."

Yugyeom looks at Jeongguk with widened eyes. Eyes that demand more information.

"I kind of panicked when we found out were mates," Jeongguk mumbles and looks back at his mate again. This time Taehyung was looking back at him. But the Omega was also the first to break eye contact again.

Jeongguk was too confused with everything. His feelings, what he should do with them. Sure, everyone around him tells him to give Taehyung a chance but it isn't that easy. Jeongguk had trusted a lot of people or give them a chance and most of them ended up hurting him or leaving him. Now Taehyung could actually get him killed.

But he got more confused when he saw Yugyeom walk by him towards his mate.

"Hello." Taehyung looks up startled to see someone he doesn't know. He can smell he's a Beta but that never bothered him.

"Hi?" He sees the male smile before he sits down, and gulps a bit uncomfortable.

"You're Kim Taehyung, right? I'm Kim Yugyeom, nice to meet you," the for Taehyung unfamiliar wolf introduces himself. All Taehyung could do is nod and frown a bit.

"Not to be rude, but why did you come here?" the Omega asks softly grabbing his stuff to put it in his bag. Jimin was just going to the toilets and Taehyung kind of wished he came back again.

"Don't be so nervous. I'm just here to talk. I'm friends with Jeongguk actually." Yugyeom smirks slightly when he sees the smaller's head shots up by the mention of his mate's name. But the smirk fades when he sees the sad glitter in his eyes.

"I don't want to talk," Taehyung mumbles and is ready to get up but Yugyeom places a hand on his to make him stop.

"Just know that he regrets what he said. He wants to talk with you later today." Taehyung gulps. "Why are you saying these things?" Yugyeom smiles slightly.

"He wants to talk with you. Knowing this all you can think about it and make up your mind so it won't come as a surprise," the Beta explains. "I hope you don't mean anything bad with my little brother. Taehyung nods softly.

"Hey! I'm Jimin." The two look up to see Taehyung's friend. "Yugyeom," the Beta introduces with a smile and looks back at Taehyung.

"We have to go. Sorry," Taehyung just murmurs and grabs Jimin's arm to bring him with.

"What's wrong?" Jimin asks worriedly and looks over his shoulder to see Yugyeom walk away too.

"He's Jeongguk's brother," Taehyung mumbles and looks too for only a split second but it was long enough to see Jeongguk stare at him again. "He told me Jeongguk regrets what he said and wants to talk with me." Jimin finally looks away from the group.

"That's good news, right?!" Taehyung shrugs and stops walking when they're in front of the classroom they have to be.

"Maybe..." Jimin smiles and hugs his friend. "It is! Everything will work out and you two will be mates and we can go on double dates!" Jimin didn't stop rattling about all the good things that could come out of this.

But Jeongguk isn't the only one who's scared.