9.

"You are what?!" Yoongi let out shocked. Jeongguk gestures to be quiet and sees his friend gulp.

"That is huge, Jeongguk. Why you never told me? Is this also the reason why you're hesitating to accept Taehyung? You know, the son of the man that tries to extinct your kind," Yoongi said, looking at his friend with tilted head.

Jeongguk looks at his friend with narrowed eyes before sighing and answering with a nod.

"I really want to have my mate, but the risk..."

Yoongi frowned, he never saw his friend this stressed. Knowing he's a prime Alpha, probably the last one to exist, he understands his doubts. If it was him, he probably would've rejected Taehyung.

But he knows how strong Jeongguk is, even before knowing he's a Prime.

"Maybe you should give him a chance. But... do not tell him about your rank, do not meet his parents. Just get to know him and see if he'd rat you out or not," Yoongi says, placing a hand on Jeongguk's shoulder. The younger sighs and looks at him.

"Okay, I accept him, we talk about what happened and he accepts me. We get to know each other more and eventually he turns out to think the same way about Prime's as his father does. And then? What do I do? Our mate bound is probably so strong that if I reject him our wolves will die," Jeongguk says and sees Yoongi frown.

"You really thought this through, huh?" Yoongi sighs and Jeongguk nods.

"I really want it, okay. I don't know what to do," the Prime mumbles.

"You can also just do it and if it goes wrong you'll die for love," Yoongi chuckles and sees Jeongguk look at him with an annoyed look again. He laughs and lifts his hands.

"You worried about not being able to reject him when the time comes, maybe he cannot get you killed then," Yoongi says. "Just go there and talk with him. If you don't, you will have no choice in the first place. You might regret it forever." Jeongguk sighs, knowing Yoongi is right.

"Come on, just go there, you'll be fine," Yoongi says, hand on his friend's shoulder. Jeongguk looks his way and nod softly.

"Okay, I'll go to him now," Jeongguk mumbles and sees Yoongi smile. He smiles slightly back before turning around and making his way towards the dorms.

Jeongguk always wanted his mate, it had been his dream since he was small. Someone he can protect from all danger, someone he will protect from the pain he himself had felt.

When he found out his mate was the son of Kim Taejun his brain stopped working... he had no idea what to do and now he's still uncertain.

But it feels good. It feels right to go to him. Every step he takes closer to Taehyung's dorm, he feels a little bit more confident. Now let's hope Taehyung still wants to talk with him.

When he's in front of Taehyung's shared dorm he immediately smells his intoxicating scent. He smells like strawberries and the forest. And Taehyung senses Jeongguk too, looking up from Jimin's shoulder to the door.

"Is he here?" Jimin asks and Taehyung nods. He stands up to go to the door, not noticing Jimin's smile.

Jeongguk knocks on the door, a second later the door opens. He looks right into Taehyung's two red eyes, noticing one tear slip from them.

"Hi..." Taehyung mumbles, Jeongguk didn't even notice he was staring at the Omega, who even when a crying mess still looked beautiful.

"Hey, Taehyung. I... I want to apologize, sincerely. I didn't mean what I said. I just... it's hard to explain," Jeongguk sighs feeling like he's only making it worse.

He grabs his hand. "I really want to be your mate, Taehyung. I'm so sorry for hurting you and not coming to you sooner," he says and looks right into the Omega's eyes.

Taehyung gulps, he didn't expect this. Sure, Yugyeom said Jeongguk didn't mean it but he kinda lost hope in that. He really thought Jeongguk was here to reject him.

"Y-You're not lying?" Taehyung asked softly and looks up to the taller. Jeongguk smiles slightly and lifts Taehyung's hand to his chest. He lays it over his heart and looks right into his eyes.

"Can you give me another chance? Because I accept you as my mate," Jeongguk says. While Taehyung tries to focus on his words and heartbeat and ignore the set of muscles underneath his heart, he tries to think of his answer.

But before he could say something, Jeongguk's face changes.

Taehyung frowns by the sight but than sees Doyoung behind them. Before he could register what is happening, Jeongguk falls on his knees, trying to bite through the pain.

That's when Taehyung realized Doyoung stabbed Jeongguk.

He gasps and kneels down. "Jeongguk?" he asks panicked. "I'm okay," he hears the Alpha grumble out. But right after those words he falls on the ground with his eyes closed. A sharp silver knife stuck in his back, blood flowed from the wound.

"Another problem solved," Doyoung laughs and looks at the two wide-eyed wolves.

"Did you miss me?"