The Cemetery

A/N
AAAAHHHH!!! thank you all SOOOOO much for 4k reads. i swear i haven't worked on this for so long because i was so busy struggling with school i couldn't really get myself to update this. i eventually got the motivation from this other fanfic i read which was so cute. i was actually pretty moody for the entire day before i eventually got on and did this, but anyway thank you soooo much for 4k reads!!! i've been so excited to write this day one that i literally wrote the first three chapters from the middle of noon till 1 in the morning.

i decided to split this chapter into two, since i regretted having 2000 words for each chapter when sometimes they aren't relevant.

Legoshi's POV:

"Legoshi."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Do you think that... we would be having trouble in the future, just because we're carnivores?"

"I guess. Why'd you ask?"

"No reason, I just... have some issues," he said, turning his eyes towards mine.

Those eyes. 

Those eyes made me realize that, maybe, I'm moving too fast without making any progress. They glimmer at the sight of mine, but still look into my own the same way they look into everyone else's. I just don't think that he likes me the way I do; maybe I prefer him as prey. I know a lot about him, and he doesn't even know me. It's been a while since I asked myself the question, and I want to ask again, but I know that I'll only get one response, but it won't ever be enough to prove my feelings.

"You know...

"You and I, we can be really good friends with each other," he said.

Devastating.

"B-but aren't we already?"

"You seem so off; I'm not sure if you really feel comfortable around me anymore," he said, looking into my eyes again with the same intent.

"Sir..."

"Snap out of it, sir," the antelope said.

I gasped, regaining my senses and got shoved to the side by a feline, no other than Bill.

"Move!"

"Hey, old man!" Bill reacted, placing his arm on the shoulder of the elder. "It's $70,000 for that finger, right? If I pay for it, that means it's mine to eat?"

He stood, "What do you say? Let's all have a bite! That way we could all split the cost!"

I slapped him before he could say anything else, angered by the commotion he was about to start.

"What was that, idiot?"

"You're the idiot, do you hear yourself right now?"

"We're already here at the Black Market, I'm not about to let your ego get in my way!"

I was infuriated. I was mad. I had already tried to attack a herbivore, and I'm not going to let him do what I was about to do, especially while the man knows who's eating who. I was about to throw a punch when I was cut off by Aoba.

"Legoshi!" he yelled, running in front of both of us to stop the fight. "Calm down.

"Sorry, I'd be on your side if we were at school, but it's different here."

"Aoba—"

"Look around you," he said, looking towards the entrance. "This is the Black Market. And we're carnivores."

"You... You're really gonna," I said, shocked by his intent, "eat it then?"

"Of course we are!" Billy said ecstatically. "Didn't you see the main street? Everybody was having fun — peacefully. That's because the Black Market exists for us.

"Don't you get it? Grow up a little will ya?" he nagged.

Carnivores were walking around so calmly. The reason behind their composed faces...

"An adult?

"Is that what it means to become an adult?" I yelled.

In an instant, smells of freshly sliced meat filled my nose as my breath got heavier just running into the endless stalls of herbivore meat. I couldn't hear anything, or see anything. My taste buds had jolted from the exciting meats, allowing saliva ooze into my mouth. Everything was blinding my sight; the only thing I could see were all the flesh and dripping blood. I could feel my saliva getting caught into my shirt, along with sweat from the running.

In the midst of all the chaos and movements which my brain suffocated in, I could hear the voice of [Y/N] engulf the rest of my thoughts which drowned in the viciousness of the outside. I wanted him, really bad, but I knew I'd never get him. He was out there, where I could see him, as if he was on display, but there was always going to be that glass case that surrounded him, which left me outside to watch him as he stands there, doing all of his amazing things.

Always.

I felt a blow on my face, making me stumble and fall to the ground face-first.

"What the fuck is your problem?" someone yelled. "Are you insane?"

I'm going to die in here.

I felt my hood get tugged from behind and eventually pulled upwards, forcing me to stand. In front of me was a huge wolf, one similar to my species. He had dark grey fur, along with a pair of shorts and a t-shirt which had an emblem on it, which I couldn't figure out because I was dizzy trying to stand. He looked at me suspiciously and angrily. His tail was all scruffy and was stuck in position. He wasn't happy.

"Quit salivating. You're fucking disgusting," he roared. "You think running in the middle of the Black Market is such a great idea? Little kid?"

"Robert! Calm down," a feminine voice said, which I could hear the heels tapping while she ran towards the man.

"Calm down? Sweetie, this little kid thinks playing in the Black Market is fun! You think it's appropriate? I was almost run over by this scrawny little thing."

I couldn't react, everything was so out of control. I couldn't even feel my own body at that point. He kept a hold of my hoodie.

"How old are you, kid?" he asked.

"Seventeen," I said, mumbling under my gasps of air.

"Seventeen!" he yelled. "You're not meant to be here, kid. You had the nerve.

"This oughta deal with you," dragging me by the hood and striking punches at me 'till it stopped hurting.

Eventually, I gained control of my body and blocked a punch, defending myself for more pain while my nose bled uncontrollably.

Immediately, I was punched and thrown onto the floor of a dark alleyway. I couldn't tell where I was, or what was around me. There was just pain, meat and... [Y/N].

Now that I think about it, they really did look like him.

I miss him. I want him.

He's mine.

I swore to myself subconsciously that I'd protect him at all costs, even after he rejects me for, well, liking him.

Even if he just was exactly like my prey.

How could I have tried to devour...

After a second, everything around me turned black.