Sandwiches

Y/N's POV:

"Real funny, Rhys. Real funny."

"What? It's true! You've got an admirer!" he teased, laughing.

"It's only been the first few months of my arrival." I smiled. "It's so... weird."

"Well. Figure her out and tell us. We'll give you the best advice for dating," Rhys said, leaning leaning against his arms, which was placed on the hard concrete under us. "Man, the couples here are outrageous sometimes."

"Advice for dating? You already give the worst advice ever."

"Shut up dude!" He playfully punched me on the shoulder. "You'll need it. Trust me."

"Trust you? What are you talking about?"

"I mean, well, do you know anyone who seems to be iffy about you? Ya know... always around you, or always being around you..?"

As he talked, a scene of last week popped up in my head. The way I talked to Legoshi, in the early morning, which he seemed so eager and excited to talk to me... It can't be him. After all, nobody I've ever met has had feelings towards me so easily. I doubt that, well, he could be the one sending love letters even if he's on the same floor on me. I just couldn't explain why it couldn't be him. He would've been the last I'd expect for someone to like me. It just couldn't be him, simple.

Not even if... he randomly knocked on my door to talk to me.

Rhys appeared to smile after realizing I'd stopped responding. "What's her name?" he spoke, I could hear a childish chuckle under his breath as he said it.

"Nevermind. Are you gonna drink that carton of milk?" I pointed towards his tray, where he had left crumbs of bread everywhere.

"Yeah, yeah. Who is it?"

"Just drink your damn milk."

"C'mon, [Y/N]. It's not like I'll go up to them and tell them." He moved closer to me, ready to hear a secret.

"You wouldn't?" I eyed him, squinting like I was reading a book from afar.

He laughed and slouched back to his chair, "Ugh, fine. You've caught me."

"You're easy to read, Rhys."

Easy to read, I lied. I haven't yet figured out what Sho was telling me about him a couple of days ago, about him spilling secrets and spreading gossip. He even has had multiple girlfriends and, well, he hates mentioning them. He doesn't even want to talk to me about it and he lies about it. It's strange for him to. Then he has this all-flirty and charming personality which is so obviously from, you know, dating, but then he still denies it. It's like a really picky girlfriend. Except, he's a man.

"Say, when are you going to do the Meteor Festival? You know, the flute you told us about?" He asked, finally grabbing the carton of milk.

"No idea." I watched animals pass by in the cafeteria, doing their stuff. "It's soon, and... I've gotta go to the site to help out and rehearse."

"Now?" Rhys said, I could hear him finish his carton because of that annoying sucking sound he always makes.

"Yeah, I'll see you later. I might be late."

"Sure thing, call me when you're back," he said, grabbing his tray as I left the table.

Man, was today going to be hell.

Legoshi's POV:

Life could only get harder.