Part 19

Meeting room: 5:00 PM.

All the members of UA staff were seated at the large rectangular table. Nezu was at the centre of the left end while Recovery Girl was to his immediate left on side. The first seat to Nezu's right was empty and Aizawa was seated next to it followed by Cementoss.

Lunch Rush entered the room with a cart full of beverages and slid them into their respective places. Of course, every other member was served some or the other type of soft drinks while Nezu and Aizawa had tea and piping hot coffee respectively.

Nemuri sipped her orange soda, which was a surprise because she wasn't a big fan of it, and eyed Aizawa warily. "You know, Sho, there are other drinks in this world besides coffee"

Aizawa looked at her with his usual 'I'm-tired-and-hate-my-life' face, "Those are poison"

Nemuri and Hizashi let out offended gasps while Chiyo rolled her eyes at their antics. However, before the two man-children could speak further, the Chimera interrupted them.

"Good afternoon, heroes. Welcome to today's staff meeting. As mentioned earlier, this is about the new member of our staff. I have taken the autonomous decision to appoint this person as a member of our staff due to several reasons, my entertainment being one of them. As of today, the UA fraternity has grown by one person and I hope we can get along well"

Nezu paused and Aizawa frowned "Who did you-"

"I AM COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON! HA HA HA"

Aizawa's head hit the table with a loud groan, Mic scrunched his face, Cementoss sighed, Hound Dog remained calm, Majima's eye twitched and Ectoplasm, well, his expression couldn't be seen.

Midnight rolled her eyes and crossed her arms "No normal person yells that they are coming through the door like a normal person"

"Nor do they break the doors," Snipe remarked.

"Or laugh creepily" Power Loader muttered.

"UM.. HA H-.. AHEM" All Might coughed awkwardly due to their reactions "I AM HERE!!" he yelled, causing everyone to sigh "TO GUIDE THE FUTURE HEROES!"

Poor Aizawa just looked like he was finally done with his life.

Nezu smiled at the buff blonde and cleared his throat "Thank you, All Might, for your... Boisterous arrival. Please take a seat so that we can proceed further"

All Might sat down beside Aizawa who had his head down on the table. Nezu looked at the sleep deprived teacher and cleared his throat again "Eraserhead, please pay attention to the meeting. You can regret your life choices later"

"AH! ERASERHEAD! I HEARD THAT YOU'RE THE NO.1 UNDERGROUND HERO" All Might boomed.

Aizawa gave him an uninterested side-eye glance and sighed "And you're the No.1 Limelight hero. Big difference. Now shut up"

All Might's smile faltered at Aizawa's tone and a huge drop of sweat comically appeared on the back of his head. Midnight snickered silently while Mic muffled his mouth with both his hands.

"Attention" Nezu commanded and everyone straightened "I apologise for not involving the rest of you in my decision to appoint All Might as a member of our staff. The decision was made after weighing our options as well as due to some considerations that would do good to be concealed from the world. As such, we have decided unanimously that as the staff, you have the right to know about the circumstances of All Might's acceptance for an unforeseen opening. All Might, please proceed"

All Might stood up from his seat and walked towards the spot beside Nezu where everyone could see him.

"Good evening, my fellow heroes" All Might greeted calmly even though his voice was still loud, which surprised almost everyone. "At the outset, I would like to apologise for keeping my admission as a member of UA staff a secret from you. Due to circumstances that we unfortunately could not openly discuss, we had to keep our interactions clandestine. As such, we have decided not to reveal it due to this being a potential threat to national security. As an outline, I would like to inform you that I am planning to retire"