The Fires of Pompeii Pt1:

As soon as Donna had gotten settled in the room the Tardis gave her, she had quickly got Galaxy to explain her new look. Galaxy told her the process of regeneration as well as the reason why she did which included her telling Donna about the Master which Galaxy was slowly moving forward from.

The Tardis appeared in a small alcove that was cut off by a curtain, the Doctor, Galaxy and Donna stepped out and the Doctor grinned when he pushed aside the curtain.

"Ancient Rome." He exclaimed as Donna looked around in shock at the sight of vendors lined in a sunny street, "Well, not for them, obviously. To all intents and purposes, right now, this is brand new Rome."

"Oh my God! It's so...it's so Roman! This is fantastic!" She breathed and gave the two a hug, "I'm here...in Rome. Donna Noble in Rome! This is just weird. I mean, everyone here's dead." She said. "Don't tell them that." Galaxy smiled as she had her arm linked with the Doctor's.

"Hold on a minute. That sign over there is in English. Are you having me on? Are we in Epcot?" She asked as she saw a sigh. "No, no, no, no. That's the Tardis translation circuits. Just makes it look like English. Speech as well. You're talking Latin right now."

"Seriously?"

"Yep." Galaxy nodded.

"I just said 'seriously' in Latin..."

"Oh yeah." The Doctor laughed.

"What if I said something in actual Latin? Like 'veni, vidi, vici?' My dad said that when he came back from football. If I said 'veni, vidi, vici' to that lot, what would it sound like?"

"Huh. That's a good question." Galaxy said. Something like that never came up in her and the Doctor's studies on Gallifrey, now she was curious what would happen."You have to think of the difficult questions, don't you?"

"I'm gonna try it." Donna said and walked over to one of the vendors. "Hello, sweetheart. What can I get for you, my love?" The vendor greeted. "Veni, vidi, vici." She said and the man frowned. "Huh? Sorry? Me no speak Celtic. No can do, missy."

"Yeah." She nodded then went back to the Doctor and Galaxy, "What does he mean 'Celtic'?" She asked. "Welsh. Apparently speaking the actual language sounds like Welsh. Interesting." Galaxy said. "There we are. That's something." The Doctor agreed and they started walking again.

"Won't our clothes look a bit odd?" Donna asked after a while. "Nah. Ancient Rome, anything goes. It's like Soho, but bigger." The Doctor said. "You've been here before then?" Donna asked. "Mmm. Ages ago. Before you ask, that fire had nothing to do with us."

"Doctor." Galaxy raised an eyebrow at him. "Well, a little bit. But we haven't got the chance to look around properly. Coliseum, Pantheon, Circus Maximus...."

"We should've seen them by now. Where is everything?" Galaxy asked as she looked around, confused. "Try this way." The Doctor said and led them off to the side and down a wider street.

"I'm not an expert, but there's even hills of Rome, aren't there? How come they've only got one?" Donna asked and they looked to see her staring at a large mountain, they didn't have long to think about it since the ground started shaking.

"Here we go again." A vendor called while the other vendors got to work in trying to hold things steady.

"Wait a minute! One mountain...with smoke...which makes this..."

"We're in Pompeii..." Galaxy breathed.

"And it's Volcano Day." The Doctor said before they ran back to where they left the Tardis only to find it gone.