Planet of the Dead Pt2:

Lou and Carmen stayed inside the bus while Barclay and Nathen were up on the second level finding some metal plates to make a sort of ramp while Angela worked at the front of the bus. That left the Doctor, Galaxy, Astro and Christina outside and examining what they had.

"Here you go!" Barclay shouted as he and Nathan carried out some bus panelling. "That's my boys. If we lay them flat between the bus and the wormhole then we cause them like duckboards and reverse into it." Galaxy explained.

"Let some air out of the tires." Christina called over to them, "Just a little bit. Spread the weight of the bus. Give you more grip against the sand." She told them. "Oh, that's good." The Doctor said, impressed as was Galaxy. "Holidays in the Kalahari."

"Yeah, but those wheels go deep." Barclay said, walking over to them. "Then start digging." Christina told him. "With what?" He frowned. "With this.." She reached into her backpack and pulled out a shovel with a folded handle.

"Have you got anything else in there?" Galaxy asked as the Doctor took the shovel and handed it to Barclay who went off to start digging with Astro helping. "Try that..." Christina pulled out a hatchet and handed it to Nathan, "Might help with the seats."

"Thanks." Nathan said and headed back to the bus.

"I can't find the keys!" Angela called over to them from the bus and the Doctor headed to the door. "Oh, buses don't have keys. There's a master switch. Then there's one button to start, the other one to stop, yeah?"

"Right, hold on. Oh, I got it." She flipped the switch, turning on the bus, "Here we go, hold tight! Ding, ding!" She stamped her foot on the accelerator and pushed a button. The bus rumbled for a moment before dying down with a grinding noise.

"That doesn't sound good." Galaxy mumbled, heading to the front of the bus and opened a panel where smoke came from the engine that was covered in sand, "The engine's clogged up." She told them.

"Anyone know mechanics?" Christina asked the boys as they were laying down the panels. "Me. Uh, I did a two week MVQ at a garage. Never finished it, but..." Barclay trailed. "I could lend a hand and two minds are better than one." Galaxy said, knowing if she could fix up Jack's ship back in WWII a bus engine wouldn't be too much of a problem.

"You're with me. I need my second mind." The Doctor told her and she chuckled as they walked over to Christina, "Off you go then! Try stripping the air filter, fast as you can. Back in two ticks."

'I'm gonna stay behind and keep an eye on things for you guys.' Astro told them, deciding on not following them. 'Keep out of trouble.' Galaxy told him.

"Wait a minute!" Christina shouted, going after Galaxy and the Doctor, "You're the ones with all the answers. I'm not letting either of you out of my sight."

The three walked away from the bus and into the dunes when the Doctor and Galaxy noticed Christina still had her backpack with her.

"Wouldn't it be easier without the backpack?" Galaxy asked. "Where I go, it goes." Christina replied. "Backpack with a spade and an axe. Christina who is going so far away and yet scared by the sound of a siren. Who are you?" The Doctor asked.

"You can talk! Let's just say we're equal mysteries. Come on then, tell me. If Carmen's right and that wormhole's not an accident then what is it? Has someone done this on purpose?" Christina asked. "I don't know, but every single instinct of mine is telling me to get off this planet right now."

"And do you think we can?" Christina asked. "We live to hope." Galaxy said. "That must be nice." Christina said before turning to them, stopping, "It's Christina de Souza. To be precise, Lady Christina de Souza." She said, holding out a hand that they shook.