1- Prologue

This story is part of a series! All stories are spin-offs of each other and do not need to be read in order but may have some spoilers in the stories that come before them. Here's the order:

1- Lie Until You Laugh- Sienna Mast (Complete)

2- Laugh Until You Cry- Stella Wayne (Complete)

3- Cry Until You Bleed- Ana Shaw (Complete)

4- Bleed Until You Heal- Jo Mast (Complete)

——————————————————————————————————

"If I could live forever, I'd want it to be with you."

"If I could live forever, I'd want it to be with you too. But also on a rocket ship. How do you feel about Saturn?"

"No way. There's too many rings," I tell my best friend with a shake of my head. "What about Pluto?"

"Pluto isn't a planet," Scott tells me.

"Shut up, it is too a planet," I argue stubbornly.

"How would you know?"

"Well, if your mommy just decided one day that you weren't her son anymore, would you believe her? You can't just decide things like that! Pluto stays."

"Fine," He resigns, kicking his foot around the wooden floor of the tree house that's built in his backyard around a large leafy tree. We're so high up in the sky that we can see the roof of his house and we can see into my house, the one right next door. Right now, looking out the window of the tree house, I can see my mom and dad fighting in the kitchen. They're just fighting right now but I know what comes next and I don't want to see it so I shut the window door thing.

I don't want Scott to see it either because when he sees them really fight, it scares him so bad. He's only seen it happen a few times, when he's at my house playing, and we have to hide under my bed until it's over. That's why he doesn't come over to my house anymore, because I don't like to see him so scared.

"Pluto wins again!" I shout cheerfully as I sit down in the bean bag chair that's beside Scott's.

"You always win but it's only because I let you win," He tells me.

"I know," I laugh and then there's a small silence before I speak up. "Hey, Scotty?"

"Yeah?"

"What's your favorite thing to do ever?" I ask him curiously. "We play a lot but what's your favorite?"

"Why?"

"Because..." I pause before continuing. "I don't think that I'm going to be here for very much longer and I want to do whatever you want to do."

"You're leaving?"

I nod and I try not to cry but I'm always so bad at not crying. "I think so. Nenna said that she's going to rescue me and my mommy soon."

"Why can't you just live here with me?" Scott wonders. "And when your daddy gets too mad, you can just hide in here with me."

"I don't want to leave you," I say to him. "But Nenna says that it's the only way. I have to go."

"No you don't," He shakes his head at me. "I don't want you to."

"My daddy hurts me, Scotty," I remind him. "I have to go. Maybe you can come with me instead."

"But my mommy would miss me," He tells me. "And she makes pancakes every Saturday."

"I know. It's okay," I mumble. "Anyway, let's play astronaut. That's your favorite game, isn't it?"