33- Movie Dates

"Thank you so much for your time today, I'll keep you posted with all big updates. Once again, I really believe that we're making a huge difference here and you're all a part of it," I say to the remaining women in the apartment after the second day of shooting the interviews. They were all done now so I was showing all of the rest of the women out of the apartment before we started cleaning up all of the equipment and left over snacks.

They all file out of the apartment, shaking hands or hugging me on their way out and telling me that I'm doing a good thing here by bringing Sebastian to the light.

Once they're all gone, Scott, Jasper, Abby and I start putting all of her equipment away so that she can leave.

"So I'll have the video done by the end of the week," She says as I'm folding up the tripod that she'd been using all day.

"Alright. I'm going to call the school tonight to schedule a meeting with them for next Wednesday, and I'll show it to them then. That way, if they don't do anything about it, we have time to show it at the film festival," I suggest.

"Isn't that blackmail, Jo?" Jasper asks me with raised eyebrows.

"No, because I'm not going to be like 'fire him or it'll go public', I'm just going to ask them to fire him but I'm not going to tell them about the film festival. That's not blackmail, I don't think. Noah said that it'd be okay," I explain to them. "I think that it'll work out."

"It will work out," Scott confirms.

"He's right. You'll totally kick ass," Abby agrees with a laugh as she zips up her black camera bag and then I hand her the tripod that is completely folded up and hidden in its black cloth bag. "Anyway, make sure that you keep me posted. It's been fun working with you."

"Right, you too. Thank you so much for your help," I tell her gratefully as she starts to leave the apartment.

"Of course. Good luck, Jo," She chirps just before disappearing out the door.

"Okay, now that that's all over with, all we can do now is wait for Abby to finish editing. We have all of the paperwork finished and filed away, so once I make the call to the office to plan an appointment, we can all go to the movies or something to celebrate," I say, pulling out my laptop and sitting on the couch between Jasper and Scott as I pull up the school's website to get the phone number of the office that, for some reason, is open on Sundays.

"We should go see that space movie, with the weird dragon things," Scott suggests quickly and when I give him a weird look, he just shrugs. "It seems cool."

"As you wish, King Scott," I giggle, not letting go of the whole prom king thing from yesterday. It's not like being prom king is some huge embarrassing thing, I just love to tease him about it and I love the idea of him being so popular that he won prom king, even if it was his ex-girlfriend's doing.

"Let it go, Joey," Scott sighs with a roll of his eyes, obviously not actually upset about me teasing him.

"What?" Jasper wonders, clearly not understanding the joke.

"It's nothing," Scott says quickly but I'm not going to let him get away with it that easily.

"It isn't nothing, Scotty, don't be so modest," I say with a small laugh. "I went to dinner with him and his parents yesterday and his mother enlightened me on Scott's high school life."

To get me to stop talking, Scott leans toward me and starts tickling my midsection, wrapping one arm around my waist so that I can't escape.

"He was prom king," I finish my story through giggling gasps as I thrash around on the couch, trying to get free of Scott's tickling. Once the cat is out of the bag, he releases me again and I give him a teasing glare. "It's adorable."