22- Dress Shopping

"This one," Haven suggests, holding up one of the dresses from the rack.

"That's way too short," I tell her with a laugh. "Haven, it has to look elegant, not sleazy."

"No, this one is for the bars tonight, not for the expo," She tells me, rolling her eyes at me when I just shake my head at her and she puts it back on the rack and we keep looking through the plethora of dresses. "Speaking of which, I'm inviting myself to."

"You already invited yourself to the expo," I remind her.

"I'm talking about the bars tonight," She says. "I want to meet this elusive Scott and all of his cute friends."

"I never said that his friends are cute," I say, picking up dress after dress to find the right one for the expo in exactly six days from today. "I haven't met them, I don't know."

"They're college boys, which almost always makes them cute," Haven says to me, holding up another dress that I shoot down due to the low neckline.

"Okay, I'm just saying that you can go but you shouldn't get your hopes up so high," I warn her, picking up a blue dress that had water color pink flowers around the top. It isn't tight or too low cut and the hem is a respectable length and it's also gorgeous so I hold it up for Haven's opinion and she grins.

"That's the one- it's perfect," She assures me with a grin. I find the dress in my size and then drape it over my arm as I continue searching. "But anyway, my hopes are already too high. If you haven't been able to tell, it's been a while since I've had a boyfriend."

"I hadn't noticed."

"Anyway, it is time for me to get back out there and if I can't get a film or culinary student then I will find an ordinary University guy and I will strike when he's almost too drunk but not to that point yet," She explains to me.

I can't hold back a little laugh. "You sound like a cobra."

"Good. I will put the fear of my species into these boys until I find the right mating partner," She tells me, holding up a dress from the rack that's purple with two cutouts on the sides to show the skin on the sides of the waist. "This one's for me, what do you think?"

"I think it'll put the fear of your species into the boys so that you can weed out the weak," I say jokingly and then we reach the end of the rack and decide to go try on the dresses that we have so far.

"That's exactly what I'm going for here," She assures me.

I only have three dresses to try on but I immediately fall in love with the blue floral dress and I know that my sister has some beautiful blue heels that will match this dress perfectly so I'll have to call her and ask her to bring them with her when she comes to Atlanta on Friday for the expo.

Haven decides on a dark red dress that I think she's going to wear when we go out tonight with Scott and his friends. I'm not sure if there are any girls going but if not, I have a strong feeling that Haven is going to be the life of the party and if she starts drinking, I'm going to have to look after her just to be safe.

After we leave the dress shop, we re-enter the mall and make our way toward the shoe store. I don't need shoes but Haven is adamant in finding a new pair of heels because the only ones that she brought from home (a small town in Montana) gave her bad blisters. However, as I'm helping her find a pair of heels that'll match her dress, I come across the love of my life.

They're black heels with diamond rhinestones on them and they have a fake zipper that imitates the collar of a leather jacket. They're so incredibly badass that I have to have them to wear tonight. I have a simple black dress that they'll go with fine and I just need them in my life right now.