Chapter One

Enjoy! I tried the best I could to make this chapter as long as possible, but the first ones are always hard!

That is Sophie's car on the right ----> :)

Anna

_____________________

Chapter One

I looked at myself in the mirror.

I was wearing a flowy white tank top with black skinny jeans and white hi-top converses. My black leather  jacket was clutched in my hands. I didn't have much make-up on, just a bit of lip-gloss and mascara. My long blonde hair was straightened. I guess you could say I looked like a normal teenager apart from my nerdy big black thick-rimmed hiding my blue eyes. But that's okay, because I am a nerd. I'd prefer to be one than a stuck-up plastic barbie, anyway. I knew what Lucy would say if she saw me wearing them though, so I took off my glasses and put my contacts in instead.

The only problem with being a nerd is Blake Richardson. Of course he's your typical rich, player-type boy who thinks he owns the school. He's bullied me since 7th grade for God's sake. And can you believe we used to be friends? He's my best friend Lucy's brother so we all used to hang out until 7th grade where Blake suddenly became popular and couldn't be seen around us. Lucy stayed by my side though so I get it's okay. Blake's a fucking jerk anyway, so I don't really give a shit. All he does is humiliate me now. But it's time for a change.

I looked at myself one more time in the mirror before spinning on my heel and exiting the room. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen and sat down at the table. My mom was at the stove frying egg and bacon. The smell made my mouth water.

"Mmm smells good Mom!" I said. She chuckled and dished the cooked food onto a plate that she set infront of me. Of course I wolfed it down like a pig in under five minutes.

"Woah slow down, you'll get fatter than you already are!" My older brother Lucas entered the kitchen and smirked at me. Lucas was two years older than me . Unfortunately, he inherited the good looks while I got the rather plain looks. He has all the girls falling for him so of course he's a total player. Lucas has always been protective over me though he still makes fun of me. I haven't told him about the issue between Blake and I because I don't really want him to get involved. He'll probably smash Blake's face in. I smiled at the thought of Blake with a beaten-up face.

"Shut up Lucas"  I rolled my eyes. "is that all you got? Pathetic"

Lucas laughed knowing he'd gotten me into a bad mood and got a plate of food.

"Excited for your senior year?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm finally going to graduate and go off to college with Lucy!"

Lucas snorted, "only you would be excited about graduating, nerd"

"Asswipe"

"Airhead"

"Bas-"

"Both of you had better stop this nonsense right now!" Mom yelled. Oops, forgot she was still here. I grabbed my lunch and tote bag and stood up.

"Bye Mom" I said, kissing her cheek before getting my car keys.

"Bye Jerk" I stuck my tongue out at Lucas and quickly walked out of the front door before he could respond. I walked out to my new white Porsche boxster and stopped to sigh and stare at it admiringly. I was in love with the red leather seats. Maybe this whole makeover thing wasn't a bad idea. 

You see, over the summer, Lucy had this brilliant idea to give me a makeover so that people would stop bullying me. Of course I disagreed at first but slowly, with my Mom supporting her, she managed to convince me to get a makeover. So gone was my dungarees, worn converses and glasses, and it was hello to designer clothes, make-up and heels. My Mom had given us her credit card with tears in eyes, while telling us to buy as many things as we wanted and needed and that she was so proud I was finally growing up. I saw her crying into my dad's shoulder as we drove away in Lucy's car.

Today I had decided to go for a casual look as I didn't want to drag much attention to myself, knowing that I was cause enough drama with my car. I knew Vanessa, the Queen Bee, would be so angry and jealous that I, Sophie Emerson, the nerd, had not only a better car than her BMW but I also actually looked pretty for once. At least, I thought I looked pretty. 

"Sophie!" I looked up and saw Lucy walking towards me. She was grinning like a Cheshire cat and pretended to wipe away fake tears.

"I'm so proud of you!" she sqeauled and hugged me tight. I chuckled and hugged her back.

"I can't wait to see the look on Vanessa's face once she see's you!" she said smugly as we got into my car.

"Me too!" We both laughed. We couldn't wait to see her reaction! 

"Umm, your forgetting something" Lucy said. I sighed but grinned and pulled my Ray-Ban glasses out and slid them on. Lucy did the same. I put the key in the ignition and revved the engine. I pressed a button and the roof of the convertible car slid down revealing the bright blue sky above us. Lucas came out of the house and I made the peace sign at him as I sped out of the driveway. I saw him shake his head and chuckle.

"So, are you ready for senior year?" Lucy asked.

"Definitely, I can't wait for it to be over. Then it'll just be me and you in college- drama free."

Lucy nodded, "I know what you mean."

I drove into the schools parking lot and could see every student giving us a curious look. They tried to see through the tinted glasses to find out who was inside the car. I drove into a parking space and pulled the key out. Lucy held my hand and squeezed it.

"Ready?" she asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be" I replied and got out of the car, preparing myself to go into the hell they call High-School.