Chapter Eight

AN: So as promised I am uploading seeing as you reached the goal! I hope you enjoyed the last chapter and like this one even more. It was over five pages on Word so I hope that's okay. Goal for next chapter is 410 reads and 6 comments on this chapter! Once again I hope you enjoy this chappie although it is not fully edited seeing as I'm too lazy to do it haha! Also after reading the whole chapter if you want to see who plays the new characters they will be added to the cast. There is also a picture of Amelia on the right.

Also TNM has got over 4,000 reads now! What.The.Heck?! It feels like just yesterday it only has 192 reads on chapter four! Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the support and everything.

-Anna

____________________

Chapter Eight

"Well what are you doing in my office again, Miss Emerson?" the principal asked, leaning back in his chair and yawning widely.

"Dunno. You tell me" I dropped into the black chair beside me and resting my head on my hands.

"Mr Julian has informed me that you called him a few inappropriate names and turned up for his lesson half an hour late. Is that true?"

"Yeah it is. Can I go now?"

"You may leave but I'll be seeing you for a half an hour detention next week Wednesday"

I groaned and picked my bag up before stomping out of the room angrily. I was sick of everything. I still had a detention after school, my best friend wasn't talking to me and everything was all over the place! Before I got this makeover I had been to a few detentions but never a half an hour or more one. I hadn't even been a part of drama unless Blake and I had had a big fight or something.

My.Life.Sucks.

The bell rang and the thunderous sound of student's feet rushing down the hallways towards to big brown doors leading outside suddenly filled the empty silence. Sadly, I wasn't one of them and instead made my way to the detention room.

Once there I was slightly surprised to see Blake sitting in a chair looking extremely bored. I hadn't expected him to show up. He looked up once I walked in, rolled his eyes and went back to staring at the plain desk in front of him. I grunted and took a seat on the other side of the classroom - far away from him. The door opened once again and this time Amelia Hamilton, a shy but sweet girl walked in. Now this time I was shocked. As far as I knew, Amelia had never done anything bad and had never been to detention. But here she was, standing in front of us with a surprised look. I smiled at her and she returned it with a small one of her own before taking a seat next to me.

"Hey Amelia" I said and she nodded towards me.

"Hello"

"What did you do to end up in detention?" I asked curiously. Looking as though she had been expecting this question, she sighed and answered,

"Apparantly correcting a teacher and disagreeing with what they say earns you an hour detention" she grumbled. "And now I'm stuck in this stupid room because of stupid Mr Julian" I laughed and patted her back with sympathy. Wow that old man really was cruel. I mean a ten minute detention would have been more suitable wouldn't it?

Before I could answer, Mr Julian himself walked in. I rolled my eyes and popped my earphones in as he wrote "NO TALKING" across the whiteboard. I put my songs on shuffle and took a book out of my bag. It was the Hunger Games. After a few minutes a little note landed on my desk. Making sure Mr Julian wasn't looking I opened up the note.

'I can't believe you have the Hunger Games! I can't find it anywhere 'cos it's sold out. Is it good? :P' it read. I turned it over and got the pen I always left in my bag in case of emergencies and began writing;