Chapter Twenty One

So there I was scrolling through Wattpad on my phone when I decided to go to TNM and start writing.

AND THEN I SAW MY READS AND I WAS LIKE HOLY SHIT 302K LAST WEEK I WAS ON 270K? and I just want to thank you all so SO much, when I began writing this book I remember how I didn't tell anybody because I thought 'ew nobody would like this'. But now I'm 200k from half a million, and 700k from 1M. 1M is something I can only dream of getting, but as you guys support and stand behind me, that impossible dream doesn't seem so far out of reach anymore.

ALSO; I posted a new story. It's called 'The Guys Handbook' and there WILL be a sequel called 'The Girls Handbook'. If you would all check it out that would be fab and I'll be sure to post the blurb at the end.

Fan of the chapter; @chocolatefairys bc she wrote this comment on ch.8 and I was literally like QUEEN.

PS: I've been watching so much anime lately that some scenes in this chapter may be influenced by that... xD
Also I am going to be on holiday until after new years so no updates in that time! I hope you all have a very merry christmas though.

[not edited]

~*~

Chapter Twenty One

Blood.

It was everywhere; on the floor, on the mirror and I could even see some drops on the ceiling. Retching slightly, I covered my mouth and nose with my hand in a desperate attempt to avoid breathing in the scent of it. I could almost taste it on my lip; the sharp, metallic tang with a hint of salt.

With disgust, I kicked the bloody tampons somebody had left lying on the floor out of the way, and skillfully avoiding the puddle of blood I managed to grab a bunch of tissues from the nearest bathroom stall.

Let me explain; after the group of freshmen had rushed towards the cafeteria to see whatever fight was going on, I ran straight after them. Not because I was 'excited' about it but because Lucy could be one of the people participating in the fight.

But of course, things never seem to go right for me and as I snuck around the back of the school to take a shortcut leading to the cafeteria, I stepped right into a huge pile of dog crap with my new pair of shoes.

So, hyperventilating I ran to the nearest bathroom where I nearly cracked my head open by slipping in a puddle of blood.

Quickly, I held the tissues under the water flowing from the tap and after squeezing some water out and into the sink, I quickly rubbed the shoes. Eventually, the feces came off but there was nothing I could do about the blood on the sole of my left shoe.

So, distressed and slightly frustrated I left the bathroom with a trail of bloody foot prints following me closely behind.

~*~

As I made my way towards the cafeteria (this time, the normal way round) I couldn't help but notice the lack of students that were usually hanging around in the hallways if they weren't already eating. Either, the fight was pretty big or the people involved in the fight were popular.

Or both.

Either way, the fight doesn't exactly give me the satisfaction of knowing Lucy wasn't involved.

The large double doors leading into the cafeteria were wide open as students pressed hard against them. Although it was usually pretty loud in here, today the usual chaos and ruckus was at its peak as people yelled, screamed and nudged each other, some of them waving cell phones in the air. Briefly wondering where all the teachers were, I roughly elbowed my way through the crowd in an attempt to reach the centre.