03

I'm awoken by loud music. I open my eyes, unaware of my environment. I blink a couple times till remember where I am. Fourth thing I know, I'm a morning person. I start to sit up and I notice there's a blanket on me. Luke must've put it on me while I was sleeping. I get up with the blanket around my shoulders when I notice Luke isn't here.

I walk toward the kitchen, my feet guiding me there without using my mind. I stop at the door where I see Luke, Mike and Ash eating cereal and toast to heavy rock music. Luke's back is facing me while I can see Ash's and Mike's face. They're talking to each other but I don't know how they can hear themselves over the music. Ash says something funny and Luke laughs, the warmth of his laugh reaching my heart and tugging a bit.

Ashton finally notices me and his face lights up, smiling wider than before.

"Hey Thia" He says to me as I wave back. Michael gives me a quick nod and smiles so I do the same back to him.

Luke looks behind him and smiles at me, electricity sparking in his blue eyes. He looks happier than he did last night.

"You look like shit" He tells me jokingly. "So do you" I reply back

Michael laughs and mumbles under his breath "Hasn't changed much"

I feel better today, I feel like I belong more. I sit in the chair next to Luke, helping myself to a piece of his toast. I'm about to take a bite of it when he reaches over and plucks it out of my hand. He takes a big bite of it, rubbing it in my face. I stick my tongue out at him and get up to grab something to eat.

When I come back out with a bowl of cereal Calum has appeared. I nod at him as I take my seat next to Luke, suddenly feeling shy again. It's just something about him that unsettles me, but I'm not sure what.

Someone turned down the volume of the music so we can hear each other better. Michael and Luke are arguing about some random crap while Ash and Cal listen to them nodding when someone says something they agree with.

I catch Calum staring at me many times during breakfast. Feeling confident today I stare back till he looks away.

When I'm done breakfast I get up and start walking to the bathroom. I remember all I'm wearing is a long t-shirt and I can feel Luke's eyes on my butt. I sigh and walk quicker, suddenly losing all my confidence.

I look into the mirror and I realize this is the first time I've seen myself since the accident. I have light, coffee brown hair that goes just beyond my shoulder and ocean-blue eyes. My petite nose and small lips make my eyes look larger in comparison. I stop staring and attempt to brush my hair with my hands and rinse my mouth with a little mouthwash. I rinse my face and look in the mirror, feeling satisfied about my appearance. I see my jeans in hanging on a towel rack but I ignore them.

I walk out and I see they've all moved into the living room. Michael is sitting next to Luke so I'm forced to sit next to Calum. As I sit down the shirt rides up my leg and I'm suddenly regretting not wearing jeans. Calum stares but Luke notices this time and whacks him on the head.

"Stop staring at my girlfriend Hood" Luke says in a jokingly way but with a cold edge

Cal looks down at his hands, blushing hard. When the moment passes we're all talking again, even Calum but he's not saying much. When there's a pause I bring up their band.

"So you guys are all in a band together?" I ask

They all nod and laugh, like I said something funny

"Yeah we're in a band, we kinda suck" Calum says

I shake my head "I'm sure you guys are the best" I say

"You use to listen to us practice all the time" Michael states

Ashton is about to say something but the phone interrupts him. Luke goes through the couch's cracks till he finds the phone and answers it. We watch as he nods and says ok at the end of the conversation.

Luke looks at me and tells me it was my mom calling.

"She wants you to come home now" He says

I nod, get up and say my goodbye to the boys. I'm about to walk out the door when Luke says "You may wanna put on some pants"

I look down and remember I'm just wearing a t-shirt. We laugh and I head into the bathroom and slip on my jeans and grab my shirt from last night. I keep Luke's t-shirt on, too lazy to change back into my shirt and head out the door. I'm just out the driveway when someone yells after me

"Do you know you're way home?"

I turn around surprised to see it's Calum asking me. My ears turn red when I realize I don't. I shake my head no and he jogs up to me saying he'll walk me home.

We walk awkwardly in silence on the way there. I'm about to take a left when Calum takes my arm and leads me to the right

"It's this way" he says, still not having let go of my arm

I look at my arm and he notices and let's go

The walk was probably only five minutes but it felt like hours. When we finally reach my house I'm about to say a quick goodbye when he grabs my arm again.

"Thia, do you honestly not remember me?" He asks

I shake my head nervously. He let's go of my arm, looking down at his feet.

"If you ever remember, please just know I.." He begins

He's about to finish his sentence when my mom opens to door.

"Thia! You're home." She says giving me a stiff hug. I hug her back, giving her a quick squeeze. When I let go, I look behind me to confront Calum and see he's already walking out of the driveway. I'm about to call out to him when my mom rushes me inside.

I stop in my tracks when she leads me to the living room. The girl from the hospital is sitting on the couch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I know everything with Cal is really weird and awkward but you'll figure out later I promise :)

This is kind of a filler chapter, just showing that Thia is already getting used to her environment and feeling really comfortable around Luke. What should their ship name be? Thuke? Lukia? Idk I suck at ship names

XOXO
An