Chapter 55

Anna's POV
"I love you." I blurted out.

Oh my god Anna what the fuck is wrong with you!!

"What." I heard Riley say in hesitation.

"N-Nothing... No I didn't mean it." I said in hesitation.

"No well I did..." I mumbled.

"I just..." I whispered.

I was straddling her waist as she was looking at me.

"Look forget I even said anything..." I said getting off of her.

"Anna..." she said as I hesitated.

"I don't know... Riley you have to believe me... this may sound like... really, really fucking crazy..." I said turning around to see her looking at me.

"Remember... how you said you wondered what would have happened if you went to this school instead of Hawkings from the start of senior year..." I said and she nodded.

"Yeah... I remember." She said and so let out a relief.

"You didn't go to Hawkings last year. You went to the same school ever since after the accident." I said.

"Anna what are you talking about..." she asked me and I took a deep breath.

"We need to talk baby steps Riley." I said holding her hand and sitting her down.

"So... you... and I were close last year... and I mean just as closest as we are now." I said.

"What... no I don't understand the FBI said I was at Hawkings!" She said panicking.

"Hey hey stop... do you trust me?" I asked her and she shook her head yes.

"You... Uhh you and I were close before an incident happened." I said.

"What incident..." she whispered.

"Can... we take this off?" I asked her pulling on her shirt.

She was confused but nodded as I helped her.

"This... this right here was not from 2 years ago... Riley this was from A year ago..." I said and she looked at me.

I was tracing over her scar on her abdomen where Brady stabbed her.

"Your house lit on fire... two times."

"You lost your parents in the first round."

"Your lost the second house in the second round." I said and she looked at me.

"Do you remember how you got the brace?" I asked.

"I damaged my leg... in a game at..." she said hesitating.

"Not Hawkings you damaged it here...not at Hawkings." I said.

"And... And Eva!" I yelled and she looked at me.

"My friends watched over Parker a lot! Ask Parker he would tell you the truth am I right here??"

"A-And Adam! Ask him he remembers everything as well!

"W-What..." she whispered.

"Let me call a few people?" I asked her and she nodded.

I called Eva, Adam, and Parker.

"Okay... Riley let me explain this to you... this is like a c-cold case... that's unsolved and has been the day we went against each other." I said.

"Your the attacker... and this is the evidence... Uhh your... your memory is the victim okay?" I said and she started to understand.

"Okay so Parker... you remember Riley taking custody of you last year. Right?" I asked Parker and he nodded.

"No... he stayed with Alexis and Lance." Riley cut in.

"Riley... please... let me finish..." I said and she nodded.

"Adam you remember seeing Riley last year at our school?" I said and he nodded.

"I Uhh I have pictures." Hs said giving them to me.

"Eva! You took care of Parker while me and Riley were at games!" I said and Eva nodded handing me a stuff animal.

"Riley this you remember this?" I asked her throwing the stuff animal at her.

"Yeah this is Parker's favorite stuff animal." She mumbled.

"Exactly! And Eva had it! I wonder how it got to her house if it wasn't for Parker." I said.

"I Uhh we got drunk! We had fun! Riley please does any of this come to mind?" I asked her.

She hesitated before shaking her head no...

"Look at these..." I said pulling pictures out of a bag.

They were all the photos of me and Riley.

"Anna... please I don't understand this..." She mumbled starting to panic.

"Anna we're are gonna leave you guys alone..." eva whispered as everyone exited.

Riley was still looking through the photos.

"Please Riley..." I whispered.

"I... I just want you to remember what we had... that's why I said such weird things today like 'I missed waking up like this'..." I said and she looked at me.

"I used to sleep at your house for weeks because Liam and Daniel were never home."

"Eva and my friends use to take care of Parker. And Eva got Parker into watching Anime."

"I love this new you... but I miss our memories and I hate to be the only one to remember them."

"I just really want you to remember them... or at least know I'm telling the truth and I'm not psychotic."

"I know your telling the truth Anna... you couldn't lie to my face like this." She said cupping my face.

"But I'm sorry Anna... I don't... remember." She said.

I was facing the truth. She was never gonna remember but I'm glad she believes in me.

"Anna... please don't be mad..." she mumbled.

"No no... I'm not mad I just... I really wanted you to remember our old past." I said as she let out a breath of relief.

"But... let's not focus on the past Anna... I only have a few more days until I'm gonna leave... can we spend this time together?" She asked me and I nodded.

"I'm really sorry Anna." She said putting her forehead on mine.

I felt tears building up inside of me.

"Anna please don't cry..." she whispered.

I could only choke back my own tears. I felt her arms wrap around me as she hugged me tight.

God I really need this right now... I really wanted her hug. Her arms has wrap around my lower back.

"Look Anna... I rarely say this... but..." she said.

"I love you too."