Chapter 58

Anna's POV
They called out names of the senior students. 82% of the senior students made it.

"Anna!" I heard behind me whispering.

"Where's Riley! They are about to call her up any minute!" Adam whispered loudly.

I looked on the list but before they got to Riley they immediately skipped over her.

"That's what I thought..." I whispered.

"And to celebrate our top two valedictorian we have... Louis Dipper! And Riley Sawyer!" They yelled.

We saw a boy go up but Riley wasn't here.

"Where the hell is Riley?!" Adam yelled pulling me out of the crowd.

"She's not here." I said going on the stage.

"Riley is out sick." I whispered in the guys ear.

He gave me the award to give to her as I took it.

~~~~~

"Sweetie where's Riley?" My mom asked me. I could only shrug and pretend I didn't know.

"Her house... is empty." My dad said as I looked her house.

The sign said it was for sale.

Me and my family split apart where I went into the empty house.

Everything was empty nothing was there except the furniture that was placed down already.

"Damn Riley... couldn't have given me a hint on where your going..." I whispered going into her room.

I felt myself slowly starting to fall apart. I was always determined to get what I want but instead I got the opposite.

I slid down her empty room letting a few tears fall.

I felt something on the ground as I unwrapped it.

It was a pack of her pre-rolls and a lighter that said For Anna. The 6 pre-rolls in there showed a word on each one.

Putting them together it said...

I've always loved you

Thank you

The box had a note written on the back. A phone number. She told me she was gonna change her phone number.

I quickly got my phone out dialing the number and waiting to hear her voice on the other side.

"Hello?" I heard hearing that soft voice of hers.

"Riley?" I whispered.

"Anna? Wow... you found the note fast..." She said and I smiled.

"What can I expect? I miss you already." I said letting a few tears down.

"Anna... please don't cry. I'll visit you has many times as I can this summer..." she said.

"I can't resist you... Anna I'll give you one hint on where we are. Parker seems to trust you a lot so...our favorite soccer team..." she said.

That made me think.

"Sorry Anna I have to go... think about it maybe you'll get it." She said hanging up.

I thought about it until I got it.

"The Bruins..." I whispered.

"She's in LA..." I said smiling.

~~~~~

Riley's pov

"Okay Parker... why don't you... go get some food for us while I set up the house more?" I said giving him 50$

 go get some food for us while I set up the house more?" I said giving him 50$

I took a job at a mechanical for cars. Which made quite the money. I made about 25 an hour.

Parker had already set up his room while mine was being in the process of being set up.

New furniture should be in by tomorrow.

Alec is coming in two weeks. Which he was moving in the same neighborhood has us. So Parker would go to the same school as them.

I met a guy as a next door neighbor. He helped get me some stuff inside the house and helped decorate Parker's room.

"The name is Sam." He said smiling.

"Would you... maybe wanna have lunch?" He asked me as I smiled.

"Actually... Parker is going to go get some food for us. Your welcome to hang out with us though." I said.

"If it's okay with you." He said smiling.

"Parker won't mind it. So it won't mind me. Plus you can help me with the mattress." I said opening a car door.

"So... I work at a dog shelter you know? Down the street." He said and I nodded.

"There is a German Shepherd that need to be taken out or she gets put down... any chance you wanna take her in?" He asked and my mind instantly went to Harley.

"Her name... is Haven..." he said and it was so similar to Harley's...

"I'll think about it." I said and a smile came onto his face.

My thoughts were not into the conversation we were having but the amount of happiness if Anna finds me...