chapter 15.

♢

The weekend after she had found out about Remus was one Asteria had been looking forward to for a while. Though there had been other Quidditch matches over the year, they did not hold the same importance in Asteria's heart as watching her own house beat other teams into the ground. Today was Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff, and albeit the girl not having any quarrel with Hufflepuff - she wanted to see them burn to the ground in the ensuing match. Once again, she was up bright and early, painting her face in gold and red. This time, however, she picked out any yellow or red clothing items she owned, layering them for warmth so she looked like a walking Gryffindor advertisement. By the time the rest of the girls awoke, Asteria was jumping up in the air while screaming about Hufflepuffs deserving to burn. Lily rolled her eyes as she got dressed, but Marlene threw a pillow at Asteria and yelled at her to shut up. To which Asteria only responded with-

"Why aren't you ready? Come on, we have to get the best seats! Get up, get up, GET UP!"

The common room was soon greeted by an overly excited girl followed by 4 of her sulking friends. They all looked like they'd rather much be in bed, but Asteria was not going to give them the possibility. She was jumping in place by the boys' dormitory, as if waiting for someone to come down...

... And soon James Potter did, followed by three sulking boys. He, much like Asteria, was adorned in face paint and dressed in the Gryffindor colors.

"Nice outfit," she said.

"Likewise," James responded, before extending his elbow to Asteria. "Shall we?"

Asteria grinned, taking it. "It would be my most extreme pleasure."

As they walked out through the Portrait Hole, the gathered un-enthused Quidditch fans simply stared at their backs. Lily exchanged puzzled looks with the rest of the girls, while the boys just laughed.

"What is going on?" Mary whispered, more to herself than anyone else.

Sirius barked out a laugh, "Just two dummies obsessed with Quidditch."

Remus shrugged, looking at Lily and the rest of them. "I, for one, am starving. Let's go for breakfast?"

Everyone agreed, the seven children making their way to the Great Hall.

"I bet they're already at the stands," Marlene shook her head with a grin. And sure enough, they were.

A mere thirty minutes later, Asteria and James were joined by the rest of their friends. They had somehow managed to procure a sign, with a giant lion head painted on top. The cherry on top was the lion mane that surrounded the sign, created out of some discarded object Asteria had found in the common room. The two were proud of themselves for that sign, holding it high above their heads as the stands began to fill up.

"How did we let her drag us out here?" Dorcas whispered to Marlene, which caused Asteria to reach back and slap them on the head with the sign. She glowered at them, and the two immediately plastered smiles to their faces.