twenty.

after the oldest sano arrived, he immediately called nagi and escorted you out of the establishment, saying that you should be taking care of yourself as well

after the oldest sano arrived, he immediately called nagi and escorted you out of the establishment, saying that you should be taking care of yourself as well. he had assured you multiple times that he'll take care of mikey in your place.

already too tired, you just weakly nodded and waited outside for nagi.

...

everything happened so fast.

did inui know?

who's gonna look after his shop now?

what about the person he wanted to introduce to you? did they know?

it was all so frustrating.

you were physically still a 12 year old but mentally, you were more than 20 now. it frustrated you how you couldn't handle this better.

you were technically the oldest (not including grandpa sano + your new family) so it was kinda your responsibility to look after them.

it wasn't verbally said but growing up with them, the idea of protecting them just grew on you as the years pass.

"y/n"

you looked up from the ground and was immediately greeted by nagi's worried face.

"mom?"

the older female raised a brow and crouched in front of you, "what is it darling?"

"can you hug me?"

nagi bit her lip and nodded, unwanted tears gathering in her eyes.

this must be so hard on you huh?

you did practically grow up with him watching over and taking care of you.

the moment she had heard of what happened, her heart dropped to her stomach, suddenly having the urge to throw up.

she could only imagine how awful it was for someone you treasured so much die in your arms. she wishes that nothing like this would ever happen to you again.

✦%

the day after that, you chose to drop off at shinichiro's shop before heading to where the ravenette's funeral was held.

you were silently hoping to see either inui or the person you heard shinichiro refer to as 'zana'

there was a thin thread of hope inside you that 'zana' was your childhood friend, izana.

but there was a low possibility of them knowing each other since they had no connection, from what you know, that is.

but then again, it wasn't completely impossible.

though it would be very disappointing if you both met again under this very awful circumstance.

"y/n!"

you blink multiple times to get rid of the new set of tears that threatened to fall and looked up.

inui.

swallowing the lump on your throat, you raised an arm and waved at the male.

the sunflower blond male softly smiled before quickly approaching you, "hey, uh, have you seen shinichiro-kun?"

you looked down on the ground.

so he didn't know?

...

"i'm kinda worried now after seeing the police ta- are you okay? are you crying? did...did something happen?"

you inhaled through your nose and brought your hands up, high enough for him to see. "shinichiro-nii is gone"

inui bit his lip and quickly got rid of the unpleasant thoughts that flooded his brain, "where did he go...?"

you shook your head, "he's dead."

"...w-what?" the male took a couple of steps away from you and chuckled lightly, "this isn't funny"

"i wish it was only a joke too..."

inui's mouth hung open, realizing that you were in fact, not joking.

"but...how?"

you could only shrug.

the male quickly wiped his tears and grabbed you by your arms, "are you okay?"

...

were you okay?

you've heard that question so many times already.

but you still didn't have an answer.

inui sighed, pulling your head to place it against his chest.

his heart was beating quite fast and if it weren't for the situation you two were in, you would tease him for it.

the way inui knew what to do most of the time always managed to impress you.

you'd like to return the favor sometime.

unedited.

this ones rlly short but eh

bare with me it's 3am as I write this sgwisncbd

02/05/23 - why is this so dramatic HELP 😭