fifteen. (new)

you blankly stared at your older brother, junpei, as he fidgeted in his seat

something was wrong, obviously but what?

"hm? oh! 'm fine, just… flunked a test is all." junpei sighed and mai just nodded at him.

was that all though?

the moment the front door opened, junpei hastily ran off to his own room while mai just brushed him off and went to the kitchen.

✦%

you stared suspiciously at junpei as he ate the carrots mai placed in his plate from hers.

junpei hated carrots.

mai gave you a knowing glance before nudging junpei with her elbow, "you alright?"

he nodded, stuffing the remaining food in his mouth before standing up, "all good, just tired. 'm gonna go to bed now! goodnight mai, goodnight n/n!"

mai watched him exit the kitchen before running off to his room before turning back to look at you with a deadpan, "he's not good."

"his acting is very painful to watch"

you helped mai clean the dishes before retreating to your room, mai crashing in a few minutes later.

"what do you think is wrong with him?"

you shrugged.

junpei never really liked to talk about himself, whether it'd be school, problems, emotions, and everything else in between.

"d'you think he's being bullied or something?"

you stared at mai with her staring right back.

yeah, that was probably it.

"what do we do? junpei obviously isn't gonna tell us anything." mai sighed, blankly staring up at your ceiling as she laid in a starfish position on your bed.

"let's follow him."

"isn't that like, invasion of privacy?"

you deadpanned, "since when did you care about stuff like that?"