twenty-four.

pushing the door open, you mentally took note of the single pair of shoes at the front

(IDFK WHAT THOSE SHITS R CALLED BYE)

hurriedly, you took off your shoes and chucked them aside, changing into your inside slippers.

after removing your blazer and loosening your tie, which was by the way have been choking you for a while now, you knocked three times on the wall.

it was something you and your siblings have been doing for a while now, it was mainly used to announce that you were back safely.

it was as simple as it sounded: one knock for junpei, two for mai, and three for you.

nagi would always immediately respond with a-

"welcome back my n/n! the food is in the counter! go ahead and change before you eat! love you!"

you smiled.

although you missed seeing her run to the door and greet you, this was also okay. she was doing something important anyways, what is she doing you may ask? well, actually you didn't know exactly why yourself, she had just said she was preparing a very important file for her job.

it was kind of suspicious if you were being honest, she has been working on that file for almost 2 months now but oh well, you would find out eventually.

you dragged yourself to your bedroom to do exactly what nagi had told you, leaving your bag in the living room for later.

a black cat slipped pass your door just as you were about to close it, you bent down to pat it's head before turning around to take off your uniform.

it dragged your skirt away before it snuggled into said clothing, purring loudly.

'what a weird cat'

changing into comfortable clothes took you about 30 minutes: 5 for rummaging through your closet and 25 lying beside the cat, completely exhausted and ready to doze off.

but of course you can't!

not yet at least...

you sighed, pushing your hair back.