twenty-one.

let's pretend baji was only in juvie for a month 🌚

it has already been a month after shinichiro's death, so many things changed and you weren't adapting to them that well.

you were currently taking a detour back home, you were originally supposed to go to the shop but then quickly realized that shinichiro wouldn't be there to greet you.

so you just decided to go back home.

school was more tiring than it should've, you had homeworks piled up yet you still choose to ignore.

you haven't heard from kazutora and baji ever since the incident. you've tried talking to them multiple times but always received silence as a response. it was frustrating how they talked to draken and the others but completely ignored you and mikey.

it wasn't like you were blaming them anyways.

you didn't see what happened with your own eyes so you couldn't really blame anyone but yourself.

"hey" a familiar voice called out.

you looked up from the ground and immediately locked eyes with takeomi's sibling, haruchiyo.

nodding your head, you raised a hand and waved at him.

"what are you doing here?" he asked, standing beside you.

you shrugged.

haruchiyo looked over your shoulder and briefly caught sight of shinichiro's now abandoned shop, "oh"

'what is he doing here?'

there was no actual reason for him to be there, he wasn't close to shinichiro and their apartment was far away, so you couldn't help but be curious.

you couldn't ask him tho, he didn't know sign language after all, or so you thought.

pointing at him, you mentally asked him the same question, hoping he was smart enough to understand your question.