Chapter One.

(Y/n) (Y/l/n) paced nervously in her room. She chewed on her left thumb and pulled the sleeve of her sweater over her right hand before tucking it under her left arm. She was currently going over what she was going to say time and time again. 
Finally, she took a deep breath, growing her courage. She pulled the other sleeve over her left hand and then she left her room, skipping down the steps.

"Anastasia?" (Y/n) asked meekly, finding the woman in the kitchen. 
Anastasia hummed, not looking up from the shrimp alfredo recipe she was reading in a cookbook. She had all of her ingredients on the counter along with various measuring tools.
"Can I... Can I get a therapist?" (Y/n) stammered, her confidence deflating when Anastasia rose an eyebrow and slowly turned to look at (Y/n).

"What for?"
(Y/n) stumbled over her words. This wasn't part of what she rehearsed! What sort of question was this? A simple yes or no would have been just fine. Here she is being vulnerable and here she is paying because of it.
"You seem perfectly stable to me," Anastasia stated.

"I... I don't think that's for you to decide!" (Y/n) shouted in a rather quiet voice.

"No?" Anastasia said, returning to the dinner she was preparing. "And where's this idea coming from? What about three years ago? You know, before you've had enough time to grieve? It'll be approaching four years, (Y/n). If you still aren't over it four years later, how do you think talking to someone outside of your family is going to play out?"

"Well, I never got the proper chance to grieve," (Y/n) squeaked. Anastasia rose her eyebrows, still busying herself. "And with everything that happened these past two years—" (Y/n) stopped talking after Anastasia snorted.

"If we're getting into that, Harry will need to be the priority," she said. "What have you done that's so traumatizing, hm? Have you faced You-Know-Who twice? Did you kill the basilisk? Were you attacked as a baby?"

"I'm starting to think everyone here prioritizes Harry more than they do me," (Y/n) whimpered. Then she left the kitchen and headed for their house lake.

"Hi, dove," Valorie greeted pleasantly as (Y/n) passed. "I've got some clothes I want you to model for later. Do that for me, won't you?" (Y/n) nodded without a word. Valorie stared after (Y/n), her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Then she went inside, carrying her duck. "'Stasia, do you know what's up with (Y/n)?" she asked.

"I was going to ask you the same thing!" Anastasia exclaimed. "She came to me asking for a therapist! Why is that coming up just now? And where exactly does she think I'll be able to pay for a therapist?"

"Wha— 'Stasia!" Valorie scolded. "(Y/n) came to you actually asking for help and you turned her away?"

"Don't be ridiculous, Val! We'll be seen as bad godmothers for just barely sending her to therapy!"

"You're worried about your image? What about (Y/n)'s image? What about (Y/n) herself? Sweet Sayre! With the people she's got as guardians, I'm not surprised she's asking for a therapist!" Valorie exclaimed, setting down her duck. "And you wonder why she never comes home for the holidays and why she's always locked up in her room! She opened up to you and you turned her away. What's next? Comparing her to Harry?" Anastasia guiltily looked away. "You didn't..." Valorie covered her mouth before turning and walking out of the kitchen, absolutely fuming. "Remus! Remus, if you're here, give me an awoooo!"

"I most definitely will not!" Remus Lupin shouted back. He appeared out of (Y/n)'s sitting room with an open book he was still reading. He finished the page and used his finger as a placeholder. "What's up?"

"Will you find (Y/n)?" she pleaded. "You know all of her little... spots and I don't." Raising an eyebrow, Remus slowly nodded his head.

"What for?"