Chapter Twenty-Five.

"Aw, Nev, it isn't your fault," (Y/n) assured. "How were you to know that you'd lose the list of passwords?" She knew exactly whom the passwords were with but she didn't dare tell anyone that. "Taking all of your Hogsmeade weekends was cruel. Is there anything you want me to pick up whilst I'm down there?"

"Let me know if there's any new houseplants," Neville said meekly, walking (Y/n) to the castle steps.

"Will do," she promised. "See you later!" she called, skipping down the steps. She had a date with Cassius. For said date, she had a white silk dress paired with tan knee socks and brown high block heels. She had a collared coat that matched her socks and she wore a white headband, her hair fluffing up around it.

"Hey," a voice greeted. (Y/n) whipped her head around and, disappointed it wasn't Cassius, though she was, she beamed at Mattheo.

"Hi," she said.

"Are you going to the Tonks for spring break?" he asked, cutting right to the chase.

"I always do," (Y/n) answered. "Why?"

"Andromeda wrote asking about you."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I could've sworn I already sent my reply... Maybe Hoshi didn't reach their house yet— Hang on, you're in contact with Andromeda? Does that mean you stayed with her for summer break?" Slowly, Mattheo nodded. 

"Draco wasn't too happy about it."

"Can't imagine why. He doesn't really have much access to Crabbe and Goyle, does he?" (Y/n) smiled. "Poor guy. I almost feel bad for him. Maybe Andromeda will invite him over sometime."

"If she did, I don't think she'll let him leave," Mattheo snorted.

"Maybe that'll be a good thing," (Y/n) shrugged.

"Maybe..."

"Ah, I'm late again, aren't I?" said Cassius.

"No worries," (Y/n) assured. "Cool enough that my drink didn't melt." She smiled. "Same place?"

"Yes. And I assume you brought your books?"

"I did!" (Y/n) beamed, walking close to the much taller boy. "I do hope that you don't mind it being a Muggle book."

"No, that was the point of having us bring our favourite books," Cassius laughed. "My favourite book is by a Muggle author."

"Really?" (Y/n) hummed, climbing the ladder after Cassius had it lowered. "Who—"

"It's supposed to be a surprise, remember?" mused Cassius, handing the drinks to the girl and following her up.

"Right," (Y/n) said, grinning. They took their seats and drank their drinks, occasionally pointing out people and gossiping amongst each other. "—so I'm still only on the team because I like the actual team, not the game. I find it repetitive after a while, you know? Same place, usually the same people and same plays. Same old, same old. But with hockey, you've got more than three teams to play against. It's still the same people, but never the same strategies. You get older and you get better with hockey. Quidditch is like a you either get it or you don't sort of deal, you know?" Cassius nodded along to her words.

"I genuinely wish we had more games," Cassius said. "And I'm not talking Gobstones, I'm talking Quadpot like they have in the Americas." (Y/n) nodded in agreement.

"One sport just gets boring," she said.

"Exactly my thoughts," Cassius agreed. "Would you like to exchange books now?"

"That sounds lovely," (Y/n) agreed. She picked up the two books sitting beside her and showcased them to Cassius. "Les Miserables and The Secret History," she said. Cassius accepted the books, beaming. Then, he showed his own books.