Chapter Twenty-Eight.

Lorenzo had in fact let (Y/n) paint his nails with clear nail polish. As did the others with an assortment of random colours. (Y/n) was proud that she was able to pull it off along with finishing her makeup.

"See you in two weeks," Lorenzo said brightly as he walked off in the direction of his parents, both of whom barely acknowledged him. A little boy, seven perhaps, lunged himself into Lorenzo's arms.

"Yeah, yeah," Theodore said dismissively, looking around for his dad.
Blaise, who had spotted his very pretty mother, waved goodbye and jogged over to her, being greeted with a forehead kiss. The woman asked Blaise a question and he looked over his shoulder, answering said question. 
Daphne waved over a shy, first-year girl and placed her hand on the girl's shoulder. She nodded her head at Pansy and together they went towards a black-haired woman who had a rather shallow smile. 

"You know, I really can't tell whether or not their families like them," (Y/n) murmured to the remaining two. "On one hand, they care enough to invite them back for the break and on the other, Blaise's mum was the only one to properly greet him."

"That's pureblood families for you," Mattheo said. "Care for their image enough to make it appear they have a good family life but not enough to acknowledge their children." (Y/n) grimaced.

"Really?" (Y/n) asked.

"There are exceptions, of course," Theodore chimed. "But mostly not. Same mindset, high expectations, little affection, really mess with your head sometimes. I don't care really but some do. Pansy's parents never invite her home for the holidays but the Greengrasses are nice enough to invite their daughter's friend over, you know? I feel bad for Pansy a lot of the time..." (Y/n) peered at Theodore searchingly. 

"Why don't you guys stay back then?" (Y/n) asked.

"Still nice to see the family, I guess," Theodore sighed. "Anyways, see you guys in a week." He quickly shuffled off, rather uncomfortable with (Y/n)'s intense stare.

"It totally does affect him," Mattheo said sarcastically, staring at Theodore's back. (Y/n) hummed.

"...I think I'm going to send them all gift baskets for Easter," she said. "Care to help me?"

"I mean, I guess," Mattheo chuckled out.

"Have you seen my mum yet?" Draco asked, roughly brushing past (Y/n) to stand beside Mattheo and block her from their conversation.

"Oh, she isn't coming," Mattheo said casually. "We're spending the break with Aunt Andromeda." Draco stared at Mattheo in horror.

"What? That— That blood traitor?"

"Yep. And her half-blood child and her Muggle-born husband," Mattheo said with a dramatic gasp. "Let's not forget about the other Muggle-born: (Y/n)!" Draco and (Y/n) glanced at each other.

"This better be some sick joke!"

"It isn't," Draco said. 

"I'm writing to Mother," Draco said instantly.

"Good luck," Mattheo mused. "You'll have to wait for the owl to get to her and then you'll have to wait for her to arrive. By that time, it'll be dark and the Muggle security will have to call their Muggle authorities and report child abandonment. And then they'll see that you aren't a registered citizen and have to take you in for some questioning—"

"Oh, don't scare him, Mattheo," (Y/n) scolded. "If you write to her now, I'm sure Andy wouldn't mind bringing you back here for her to pick you up," she assured. "But you might actually want to come with us. Mattheo's right in some sense, you know?" Draco grimaced. "Besides, I don't think you even have an owl..." she added, glancing at his lack of a cage and lack of owl.