Chapter Nine.

When (Y/n) entered the great hall, right off the bat, she held an L up in Harry's direction, pouting mockingly at him. Harry jokingly glared at her before bursting into laughter as (Y/n) crashed into a small, Hufflepuff boy. (Y/n), however, did not find this funny. Panicking, she cupped the boys face.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't hurt you, did I?" she asked frantically. She could feel the boy's cheeks go warm.

"N— No," he stammered. Right off the bat, (Y/n) could tell he was a first-year.

"That's wonderful to hear," she said, gently patting his cheeks and letting her arms fall to her side. "Again, I'm so sorry," she murmured.

"Robbie, over here!" Cedric Diggory, a newly Hufflepuff prefect hollered. "Hi, (Y/n)," he greeted, tossing his arm around her shoulder and pecking her cheek. "Not causing her any trouble now, are you?" he asked jokingly.

"Woah! Cedric, you're Cho's!" (Y/n) gasped, wiping at her cheek. Cedric blinked.

"...what?" he murmured.

"Off-limits!" (Y/n) said, ducking under Cedric's arm, crossing her arms in an X, and making her way to the Ravenclaw table.

"...what?" Cedric asked again, staring after (Y/n) in confusion. "Well, let's go, Robbie," he said, placing his hand on Robbie's back and guiding him towards the Hufflepuff table. "I'd tell you to stay away from her, but she's one of the best people you'll meet, odd as she is. Maybe she'll tutor you."

"Diggory's already pulling moves," Fred said, squinting over at (Y/n) and Cedric.

"You're overanalyzing things," Angelina Johnson said, glancing over her shoulder.

"Yeah, a kiss is overanalyzing things," Fred jeered. Angelina rolled her eyes before squinting.

"Huh? Kiss? Diggory and (Y/n)?" she repeated.

"That's what I said," Fred said, shaking his head.

"I'm sure it's friendly," Angelina brushed off. "He was going on dates with Cho last year, remember?"

"Were they?" George asked. Angelina clicked her tongue.

"Ron, hit him for me, won't you?" she requested.

"Sure thing," Ron said offhandedly, hitting George's arm as he compared his schedule with Hermione's.

At the Ravenclaw table, (Y/n) was met with five pieces of mail. She blinked rapidly, accepting the timesheet Cho had passed to her.

"Your schedules wrong again," Cho said. "You've got Divination and Arithmancy at the same time. Ooh! And you've got Transfiguration at the same time as Care of Magical Creatures! And another of your student aid periods is during a free period! How could you give that up?" she added. (Y/n) was the only Ravenclaw taking Care of Magical Creatures, meaning she'd be sharing the class with Hufflepuffs.

Setting her timetable aside, (Y/n) looked at the first letter: from Fleur. She moved on to the next: it was a flyer for a time and date for their first public debate. Normally the debates were between them but the subject for this specific debate was very political. (Y/n) was officially allowed to join the Debate Club last year and since then, she's become very respected in said club. Moving on to her next piece of mail, she found a flyer for the winter musical. (Y/n) was a good godchild. She would not dare to step out of line and audition without her godmothers' permission. Either way, being in the play required parent permission and she knew she wouldn't receive said parent permission.
(Y/n) moved the flyers behind Fleur's letter. The next piece of mail was advertisements she could choose for that month's beauty subscription. The last one was from... (Y/n) wasn't sure, but the wax seal had a small 'SWS' is the light hit it right. When (Y/n) carefully removed the seal from the envelope and opened the flap, she was met with an 'OPEN ALONE' message inside the envelope. She held her hands up in mock surrender as though the letter would react and simply closed it, tucking all her letters into her bag.