Chapter Fourteen.

"I'm going to get sick and Madam Pomfrey's going to kill me!" (Y/n) complained over her, Hermione, and Ron's walk through the castle to the Quidditch pitch.
(Y/n) wore a red turtleneck and blue jeans. She was forced into wearing a Hufflepuff scarf by Cho. She had a transparent raincoat on with the hood sitting on her head.

"Ah. A little bit of rain never hurt anyone," Ron brushed off.

"Beside (Y/n)," Hermione said.

"Beside (Y/n)," Ron agreed.

"You guys are so mean! I'm going to go sit in the Hufflepuff stands just to spite you!"

"No, no! We're sorry!" Hermione laughed. "Did you bring an umbrella?"

"Of course I brought an umbrella," (Y/n) answered. "But what good'll that do?"

"Keep you partially dry," Hermione said.

"Oh wow. Partially dry!" (Y/n) said with fake enthusiasm. "Oh, I hope you guys know that you don't have to do the werewolf paper," she said.

"What?" Ron hissed. "You couldn't have told me that yesterday?"

"Don't kid yourself, Ronald. You haven't even started it," Hermione said. (Y/n) snickered. As they reached the castle entrance, the three fixed their appearances. (Y/n) tied her raincoat shut, Ron put on his hoodie, and Hermione tucked her hands into her plaid jacket's pockets that (Y/n) was sure she saw Ron wearing only this morning.

"Hermione, where's your umbrella?" (Y/n) asked suddenly. Hermione's eyes widened and she patted every inch of herself.

"Oh no," she groaned. "I forgot I lent it to Parvati and Lavender," she said. 

"I'll make room for the three of us," (Y/n) assured.

"I'll just use my coat. It's fine, really," Hermione assured.

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm sure the three of us can fit," (Y/n) said. She held her umbrella outside of the castle and opened it before stepping under it and motioning Ron and Hermione to do the same. Together, they walked to the field and searched for available seats.

"Ron!" Ginny shouted, waving the trio over. "Kept the seats dry. Thank me later."

"Oh, you're a lifesaver," (Y/n) smiled as the three took a seat. (Y/n) was in the middle, holding the umbrella to her chest so it would evenly cover Ron and Hermione.

"Where is your umbrella?" Ron scolded. 

"Forgot it," Ginny shrugged. She was wearing one of her brother's hoodies in addition to using one of their hoodies as an umbrella.

"Ginny, there's spells for—" (Y/n) took out her wand, passed her umbrella to Hermione, resulting in Ron yelping as he was suddenly hit full-on with the pouring rain. (Y/n) muttered a spell and suddenly there was an umbrella made out of water. It did its purpose and kept them as dry as an umbrella would. (Y/n) let the spell drop, resulting in another yelp, and she took the umbrella back. Hermione and Ginny copied the spell and Ginny gaped up at her umbrella.
They were brought back to attention as the players rose into the sky. The players were partially being blown away by the wind. 

Within five minutes, Harry was soaked to his skin and freezing, hardly able to see his teammates, let alone a tiny Snitch. He flew backward and forward across the field past blurred red and yellow shapes, with no idea of what was happening in the rest of the game. He couldn't hear the commentary over the wind. The crowd was hidden beneath a sea of cloaks and battered umbrellas. Twice Harry came very close to being unseated by a Bludger; his vision was so clouded by the rain on his glasses he hadn't seen them coming.
He soon lost track of time. It was getting harder and harder to hold his broom straight. The sky was getting darker, as though night had decided to come early. Twice Harry nearly hit another player, without knowing whether it was a teammate or opponent; everyone was now so wet, and the rain so thick, he could hardly tell them apart...
With the first flash of lightning came the sound of Madam Hooch's whistle; Harry could just see the outline of Wood through the thick rain, gesturing him to the ground. The whole team splashed down into the mud.