Chapter Twenty-Nine.

"Never again," (Y/n) murmured, her stomach still churning at the memory of the Knight Bus. "Never, ever again," she emphasised. She was grateful she decided against drinking her hot chocolate whilst on the bus (Mattheo had spilt his all over himself). Either way, that didn't stop the dizzy feeling the kids felt after the quick ride. 
Shaking away her sickness, (Y/n) strode forward and to the towering gate. She rose to her tiptoes and tapped the lock with her wand (without even needing to do any sort of magic). The chain and lock fell to the floor, nearly crushing (Y/n)'s feet in the process. She pushed on the gates and motioned the boys to follow. 

"Magic?" Mattheo asked.

"No," (Y/n) said. "They've got all kinds of protection spells around the place. I'm very lucky to know how to get into the main entrance, really." She left the chain and lock off the gate as she assumed that the Tonks would be able to exit and enter just fine with their gate's remote. She then picked up her suitcase and led the boys towards the mansion. 
They walked along the dirt path that lead to somewhat of a dirt parking lot. On either side of them was a lawn of grass and raised flower beds where Andromeda's usual flowers were starting to sprout. Behind the lot was another lawn of grass followed by staircases on either side of a wall. They walked along one paved path and then went up a centred set of stairs before reaching the front steps and door.
Mattheo knocked.

"I didn't see their car," he commented. "Hope Andromeda or at least Tonks are home." (Y/n) nodded in agreement. Moments later, the door opened to reveal neither Ted Tonks, Andromeda Tonks, or Nymphadora Tonks. 
The man in front of them deeply resembled Sirius so much so that (Y/n) had to do a double-take (he did the same for her). He had curly black hair (shorter and neater than Sirius') and he had a very put-together look to him. (Y/n) was deeply discomforted by the fact that she couldn't read him like she normally could with people. 

"Um... Do the Tonks still live here? Have they moved?" (Y/n) asked awkwardly. She wouldn't have been able to get in if they had moved so it really was a stupid question to ask.
The man's lips turned up into a vague smile.

"No, no they haven't," he answered. "Do come in, though. Andy forgot you three were coming today in specific and had to go and get groceries."

"And the others?"

"Ted should be on his way home by now and Tonks went with their mother," answered the man.

"Ah," (Y/n) murmured, her tenseness dropping. "So you do know them. Might we get your name?"

"That's Regulus," Mattheo piped up. "Dromeda's cousin and Sirius Black's brother," he explained. 

"Regu...?" (Y/n) was unable to finish her sentence due to her shock. 

"Yes. That'd be me," Regulus mused. "Might I get your names?" His eyes briefly flickered to Draco before settling back on (Y/n).

"Draco Malfoy and (Y/n) (Y/l/n)..." the girl answered slowly. She blinked and shook her head. "Sorry, I'm just really surprised that you're here and... alive."

"Andy said the same thing," Regulus laughed, holding the door open. "So you're Cissy's son?" he asked, eyeing Draco, who scarcely nodded. "I pity you," he said, rather coldly at that. He turned back to (Y/n) when she came in. "A (Y/l/n)?.. You look awfully familiar."

"Mum was your best friend, I think," (Y/n) said, smiling as she looked anywhere other than the three present.

"Mum— (Y/m/n) Whistler?" Regulus asked. "Are you her daughter?"

"I am," (Y/n) answered. 

"And she's... married?" Regulus asked hurriedly. 

"Was," (Y/n) corrected.