Chapter Ten.

Saturday afternoon, (Y/n) finally found time to check her letter by herself. She checked her watch, waited specifically for three pm, then held the letter out.

Dear (Y/n) (Y/l/n),
We at Strange Women Society are proud to announce that
you have been invited into our secret society. In order
to attend your very first meeting, you must solve a series
of riddles and meet with our secretary on the specified
date. You are an especially special case due to our
president picking your out by herself. Let it be known that
you are by no means allowed to tell ANYONE of your
invitation, meeting, or the actual society. And if you do
happen to let this slip, I am afraid your offer is as good as
gone, as is any information about our society. In this letter,
you will find rather unusual things about it and we can only
hope that you will figure out time, location, date, and what
you will need to bring. This offer is not given out to just
anyone, so we do hope that you will understand just how
great this opportunity is.

Sincerely,
Ivy, Secretary of the Strange Women Society

P.S. We have eyes and ears everywhere and as of this
day forward, you are participating in part one of your
needed trials.

a-b-a-n-d-o-n-e-d-g-a-r-d-e-n-s-e-i-g-h-t-t-w-e-n-t-y-f-i-v-e-s-u-n-r-i-s-e. (Y/n) now had a date and location. November second at the abandoned gardens. How would her next clue work? Luckily she had tomorrow to get her next clue.

(Y/n) burst into the Gryffindor common room two weeks before Halloween. She stopped and excitedly looked around. 

"What's your excitement for?" Oliver Wood mused. (Y/n) flushed, averting her eyes from him. 

"Harold! Hermione! Ronald!" (Y/n) called. Each one of those she called for shot her a look of annoyance. "You guys hear when we're going to Hogsmeade? Halloween! The limits are endless!"

"I thought you weren't allowed to go to Hogsmeade?" Hermione said. (Y/n) averted her eyes again, awkwardly rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet.

"Well, Flitwick doesn't know Anastasia's my legal guardian."

"(Y/n)! You shouldn't even be going to Hogsmeade!"

"Oh! But I've got a date, 'Mione!" (Y/n) whined.

"What?" Gryffindor Tower asked in shock.

"Would you look at the time?" (Y/n) said nervously, trying to slip out of the tower. She very suddenly paled. "Holy cricket, Quidditch tryouts are today!" She hurried out of the portrait hole.

"Can we watch?" Harry shouted after her.

"I don't see why not!" she shouted back.

"What about the permission slip?" Hermione shouted. (Y/n) grinned slyly over her shoulder before closing the portrait hole.

"About time!" Roger Davies scolded as an out-of-breath (Y/n) finally made her appearance on the field. "Gentlemen, this is (Y/n) (Y/l/n), our star player." (Y/n) scowled at Roger. "I would recommend either getting on her good side or impressing her to secure a spot on the team because what she says goes and if you don't have any chemistry with her on the field, well... there goes your position."
Cho smirked at (Y/n), who was shaking her head.

"There are literally no girls auditioning!" Hermione exclaimed from the stands.

"I'd be intimidated too," Katie Bell said. "(Y/n) was the only girl on the team for a year and she broke her nose."