Waiting for Tomomi to recover

Hiro and Kaoru return home, with Hiro being exhausted. "Oh god, that was literal hell..." Hiro comments as he and Kap return to his room. After his time with Tomomi's Lethe, he deserves a break. As such, once he got to his room, he plops on the bed. "I get you, Hiro. After all you did for her, you need a rest." Kap mutters. He gets in bed too next to Hiro. In Kap's dream, he is in this world again, this time, there are spikes everywhere with Rikiya, Ai, Hiro and Tomomi getting impaled. "I am no simple shadow. I am a god!" The booming voice shouts and slams down on Kap, getting Kaoru to wake up from the nightmare again. "That dream... Why do I keep having that every time we have someone new?" Kaoru asks himself. Hiro is dead asleep so Kaoru just cuddles up to him. Hiro, meanwhile, wakes up in the Velvet Room again, with the familiar tune and piano. "Welcome to the Velvet Room, my dear young student." Igor says. "I see you have progressed on your journey. Your power for your friends has grown, death is always there but with people like you, others can progress. You have helped with truth, pacifism and piety with your friends." Agatha says as she places a stamp to reveal a rabbit. She turns the paper to reveal Tomomi Oshiro. "You have quite a gift, student, but you must be very sure that you don't let your arrogance get ahead of itself, you never know if you yourself are causing any trouble." Igor says. "The hell are you talking about?" Hiro asks to which Igor does a chuckle. "My suggestion is that you must be more humble and patient. Never think of yourself as one who would be good to everyone if you focus too much on one. Keep my words in mind, student. Until we meet again." Igor says as Hiro's vision fades.

5/18/2020

            Hiro wakes up and goes down to get breakfast with Kaoru. They get ready and pack an umbrella for the rainy day. Hiro drops Kaoru off and heads to school. "Sorry!" Ai's voice is heard as she rushes under his umbrella. "I didn't bring my umbrella today. I hope you don't mind." Ai says. "Nah, it's cool. This rain really came outa nowhere, didn't it?" Hiro asks. "Yes. It wasn't in the report." Ai replies. "Yo, what if there is some creepy shit in the middle of the night on the TV, eh?" Hiro jokes. The two then go to their schools.

            In the afternoon, Hiro is currently in class, going over some physical education. "Now then, Can anyone tell me what kind of exercise builds up lactic acid in the muscles?" Asks Hiro's teacher. "Tanimoto? What about you?" Asks the teacher. Rikiya looks up in shock. "Huh? Oh, uhh it's..." Hiro sneaks through a piece of paper that reads "Anaerobics". "Anaerobics!" "Very good, Tanimoto. Anaerobics is a form of exercise that break down glucose that's already in your muscles for a form of energy." The teacher responds. "Hey man, thanks a lot." Rikiya says. "Was that really Tanimoto?" "No, that had to be Chiba." "I didn't know Chiba was smart." Hiro has helped his friend and caught the attention of his fellow classmates. His knowledge and his kindness has increased.

            After school, Hiro picks up Kaoru and heads off to the archery club to see the club president. He has time for some archery lessons. There, he sees Yurina there. "Ah, Chiba, it's good to see you here. Now then, shall we begin?" Yurina asks. Later on, Hiro starts to practice his archery and he seems to have gotten much better than before. It's still nothing compared to Yurina but an admirable improvement nonetheless. As such, Hiro's diligence grows. After a while, Yurina and Hiro stop to rest. "Christ, that was hard..." Hiro comments. "You have improved, but it's still nothing compared to me. You have to get better, Chiba." Yurina says. "Wow, ya ain't really gonna let me live it down, ain't ya?" Hiro asks. Then Yurina gets a call, to which she goes to see who it is before hanging up in utter annoyance. "You good?" Hiro asks. "I'm fine, Chiba! You should be more focused on your accuracy!" Yurina scolds. Hiro just stares at her disappointed. "You done?" Hiro asks. "Look, I'm trying my best, I ain't gonna get it right overnight." Hiro adds. "YOU wouldn't but I have." Yurina replies. "I believe the time is up for us. You are free to leave." She says as she goes to do some shots. Hiro feels like he sees a rather different side to her, something he didn't think he'd witness. Yet despite this, he feels in some way, he's gotten closer.