Fears

At night, Kaoru and Hiro are in the bed, with Kaoru still awake as he looks at Hiro. He has seen him cut loose but never has he really seen him lose his temper like that before and several questions run through his head. 'Was he always like this?' 'Is his dad that mean to him?' 'What was he like before he came to this town?' Kaoru slowly starts to close his eyes as he thinks about Hiro, with his temper being something... new and scary.

            Hirozaku wakes up in the Velvet room, once again hearing the familiar tune of the Velvet Room. "Welcome to the Velvet Room." Igor says. "You have gained a new ally for your journey, my student. I am very impressed." Agatha comments. "Let me ask you a question." She continues. "Have you ever heard of the entity called Angrboda?" Asks Agatha. "Anger Boba?" Hiro asks to which Agatha does a gentle laugh. "No, Angrboda. She is known as "The one who brings grief". She is known as the Hag of Iron Wood, one of the witches of Iron Wood who are a group of giantesses that are said to inhabit the forest Ironwood who gave birth to fierce wolves." Agatha explains. "Ok. So why should I care?" Hiro asks. "You see, student, you may have the arcana of the rat, yet you have the ferocity of a wolf. If I were you, I'd be careful at whom I were to snap at, for whoever comes your way, may cause you your friendship to even those you hold very dear to your heart." Igor responds. "Look, if this is about my old man, I don't really see the others getting in my business. That bastard is out of my life." Hiro responds. "That may be the case, but once that is out, your allies may be worried. At that moment, you must decide whether or not to confide in them. A friend who worries may sound troublesome, but in the end, their heart is in the right place and they simply need to help. Whether or not you allow them to help is up to you. A rat is nothing when they have no allies to assist them. This is a warning, for the ghost of your past will not only haunt you, but your little "Sovereign Heroes." Especially that little one you call "Kap". Igor concludes. "Until we meet again." Igor says as Hiro's vision fades.

5/29/2020

            The next morning, Hiro wakes up from his alarm clock while Kaoru also wakes up, rubbing his eyes and very tired. "Couldn't sleep?" Hiro asks. "N-no..." Kaoru replies. "Damn. Well, you're gonna have to wake up right now, cause we got school today. Come on." Hiro says to him. "Hey... Hiro?" Kaoru asks. "What... is your dad like?" Asks Kaoru to which Hiro stops what he is doing and sighs. "Shit... Honestly, I would prefer we DON'T bring that shit up. It hits way too goddamn hard." Hiro replies. "I see... Sorry for asking." Kaoru says as he heads to the bathroom. "Hirozaku Chiba! Get down here!" Hiro's mother is heard downstairs, angrily. He gets downstairs to his mom. "Yeah?" Hiro asks. "What did you tell your father?!" Rin asks upset. "I-" "What did you tell your father." "That old man wanted me to go with him to my granny. He went on and on about how 'I never taught you this' or 'How I love my friends more than my own family.' That dude had to be told the truth before he hurts himself." Hiro responds. "He has been the only one giving you money for your allowance. You really should be more respectful towards him." "Oh please, that man only thinks that giving money is the way for him to tell me that he loves me. That man is a walking pile of shit, who half the time I wish was never born!" Hiro says. This responds in a slap from Rin across his face. Hiro slowly turns to his mom who holds some tears. "Hirozaku 'Hiro' Chiba, listen to me. Don't you ever wish for something like that to someone." Rin says. "Even if you don't like the person, they still are humans. Your father won't change but that doesn't mean you should actually want him to suffer. Doing so would only get him to make his point across. His point on how you wish for him dead." Rin tells Hiro before breathing deeply. "Now, go get dressed. You don't want to be late for school." Rin finishes. "Yeah... Ok." Hiro replies. Both are unaware that Kaoru heard everything from upstairs. "Hiro... did that man really hurt you that much? Would you probably be like him?" Kaoru asks outloud.

            Hiro and Kaoru are on their way to school with a very rainy day. "Goddamn rain... This shit wasn't in the weather." Hiro mutters. Kaoru just looks down at the puddles. "You're weirdly quiet today. You good?" Hiro asks him. "Y-yes. It's just that... I've had bad experiences with the rain." Kaoru replies. "Damn, for real?" "'Sup, Hiro! What were you doing?" Rikiya's voice is heard as he approaches the two in an umbrella. "Good morning, Hiro-kun, Kaoru-kun." Ai greets as well. "Yo." Hiro greets. "Fucking rain. Pain in the ass." Hiro adds. Then, Tomomi arrives. "I'm here." Tomomi greets. Suddenly, a loud thunder clap is. "OH! FUCK!" Hiro shouts loudly while covering his ears, startling Kaoru massively. "Hiro-kun? Are you all right?" Asks Ai. Hiro breaths rather heavily. "I'm... I'm good. I'm good I'm good." Hiro replies, being better. "I'm good." "Dude... Are you scared of thunderclaps?" Rikiya asks. "Shut the fuck up! I am not!" "Holy shit! You are! You're scared of lightning!" Rikiya laughs. "Publish this in your club and I'm replacing your kidneys with your camera!" Hiro threatens. "Rikiya, you shouldn't tease others on stuff like that." Tomomi says. "It's all right, Hiro-san, please, let's just get to class very soon." Ai requests. "That goes for all of you. Say anything about this, and you'll end up hanging from a satellite or telephone pole." Hiro threatens again.