Depths of Hel

Everyone is standing around, contemplating what just went down. "I don't get it. Why am I there? This couldn't be MY Lethe, right? That's not MY shadow!" Asks Hiro. "I don't think this is the case of this being your shadow, I think you're the cognition. This world has to be how you yourself became a tyrant." Tomomi says. "But then how does Kap know about all these guys? That dude was a literal killer from my hometown before I was born! I sure as hell would've remembered Kap knowing this dude!" Hiro replies as he points to the corpse of some plain looking detective. "He's right. Hiro-kun, did your mother let you watch the news as a child?" Asks Ai. "A few times, it was really the case of keeping me occupied and shit. I did always sing along to the Junes theme though." Hiro answers and follows up with a jingle. "Every day is great at your Junes." "Why?" Rikiya asks. "It's one of those jingles that you HAVE to sing along to, it's the law! It's been pretty much hammered into my memory as a child!" Hiro retorts. "And weirdly enough, also some bear puns." "I think we are going to find Kap at that tower. It's going to be a long walk to get there." Tomomi says. "We all must be careful. We don't know what we are walking into." Ai adds.

At the back of the town on the way to the tower, there is a massive cliffside, with a bridge near the bottom, overlooking a large ocean of lava. "You guys ready?" Hiro asks. "Yeah!" Everyone responds. They jump down to the first rocky platform, and behind them, is a shadow, the shadow ambushes them and surrounds them. "What the hell?!" Hiro exclaims as they summon their weapons, they get four enemies, one is a yellow hooded human, with black gloves and boots, with a spear looking onto the holy side with a white mask. Another is a headless couple, holding hands as if dancing with one pair of hands holding a rapier and a floating black heart over their heads. The third being is a wrapped around piece of paper that appears as a fish, having a pink mask and some blue fins. The final one is in the form of an obese man in a chicken costume. The white t-shirt and hood that it wears has "BE A HERO" written on it and it holds a drumstick as a club. The yellow hooded man swings his blade down doing mamagma, causing a miniature earthquake, to everyone. The headless couple does agidyne on Hirozaku, damaging him. The paper fish strikes Rikiya with a cleave attack. The chicken man throws some egg shaped grenades at the party, damaging all of them immediately. "Silky!" Hirozaku summons a green-skinned woman with a beautiful red and silky dress, and has a white headpiece. "Bufu!" Hiro demands, to which Silky has some ice surround the headless couple before getting them down. "Rikiya!" Hiro exclaims, giving Rikiya a high five. "Show time!" Rikiya exclaims. "Blast them away, Ugly Duckling! Garu!" Rikiya exclaims, to which Ugly Duckling has a tornado form around the hooded man, taking him down. "Let's go!" Rikiya has Ugly Duckling to strike down the paper fish with Garu. One final turn, Rikiya turns his attention to the obese man. "Come on!" Rikiya says, doing Garu again, only for it to not do anything to the obese man. "What?!" Rikiya exclaims. "He must be strong against wind attacks. Don't attack carelessly." Ai says. "Tomomi-chan!" Rikiya says, passing the baton to her. "Get to it!" Tomomi says. "CurseStrike Link!" Tomomi exclaims, having Snow White to strike with a link against the obese man. "Hit that charge!" Tomomi exclaims, using charge on Hirozaku. Next was Ai's turn. "Shall we? Rapunzel?" Ai has Rapunzel to do a Kouga attack on the obese man, and then he gets damaged by the curselink strike. The obese man swings his chicken leg around, hitting all at once. "Queen Mab!" Hirozaku summons a green and blue skinned creature with light purple hair that extends to the shoulder, with a white striped shirt, some crimson gloves, a white cape and pure red eyes. "Let's go!" Hiro exclaims, to which Queen Mab does Agidyne, taking down this enemy. Afterwards, they dash forward, striking with their All-Out Attack with Hiro at the end.

"We must all be careful after that. It appears that these enemies can ambush us as much as we can ambush them." Ai says. After another cliffside and battle later, they make their way to ground level, where they are surrounded by the woods. In the epicenter, is the Black Angel, standing there. "You're here." The angel says as he turns in his armored suit, with his crowbar at his side like a sword in a sheath and his British STEM on his back like a bow. "Look, asshole, we don't have time for you." Hiro says. "I can tell. Do you know how this world works? It's a paradise for anyone with a destroyed cognition. With a vast depression." The Black Angel says. The others just look at one another. "Sorry, but I don't think we asked, pal." Rikiya says. "Just shut up for once in your worthless life and listen." He growls before clearing his throat. "This is meant to be a safe haven for those who are struggling in the real world, but what happens if someone has no memory of their lives? What becomes of their Lethe?" Black Angel asks. "Get to the damn point, moron!" Hiro says, very impatiently. "Tsk. You disappoint me, Hirozaku Chiba. I expected you to develop some brain cells after all these years." The Black Angel says. "Shut up! We have never met! And if we have, I sure as hell would've recognize that! So do us both a favor and take off that helmet!" Hiro says. "You are capable of predicting the future, correct? Why don't you see if I do." Black Angel asks. "How do you know that?!" Ai asks. "I've been watching for a while. After our first confrontation, I wanted to know if Hirozaku Chiba can match me." Black Angel says. Hirozaku looks into his foresight but at no point does the Black Angel remove his mask. "That face tells me I have not. As I was saying, do you know what happens to the ones without any memory? What happens to them? What goes on in their head? Do we think we know them or do we know the people they surround themselves with? They couldn't produce all of this, their lack of knowledge wouldn't get them to do this. What do you think happens?" Black Angel asks. Ai starts to contemplate this. "Do you believe that there is something more to Kap's Lethe?" Asks Ai. "Possibly. All my Lethe hopping and this is relatively unique to me. This feels the same yet there is something vastly different, and I would love for you to find out what that difference is." "Are you just here for cryptic stuff? Why don't you just wear a green jumpsuit and spout riddles?" Asks Rikiya. "Fine. I shall at least give a hint. Consider your relationships. Consider your history. Consider ALL of your unhappy memory clips." Black Angel says. "So you're just gonna leave us off on a riddle?" Asks Hiro.