13. Taken

I looked at Dimitri. He immediately got up and started walking away. I got up too and was about to follow him when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around and saw one of Dimitri's men. "I would like for you to come with me ma'am," said the man. "But what about-" "No questions," I slowly nodded my head and followed the man out the restaurant. I saw some of the workers there give me worried looks and I ignored them.

The guard and I reached outside where a black Mercedes pulled up and I was told to get in.
I got inside and the man closed the door. Instead of waiting for Dimitri to come inside the driver started driving. "Wait aren't we-" "Boss said I must take you somewhere safe," said the driver.
Gosh! What was up with people cutting me off today. They're treating me like a chi- Marshall!

I looked at the driver. "Look, I don't want to be rude or anything but where's my son?" I asked. The driver looked at me. He gave out a shaky sigh and turned to the steering wheel.
"I'm afraid that they've taken him," he said.
My heart started racing. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. No, no, no, no. Not Marshall. Not my baby.
"Who took him?!" I asked almost shouting. "Please calm down ma'am,"

Calm down?! My son was bloody kidnapped and now they expect me to calm down?!
I didn't know what to do. I didn't have a phone with me and Dimitri was gone. The least I did was pray a silent prayer. Praying to God that my son was okay. And when I get my hands
on Dimitri. All hell is going to pay.

---

I was pacing up and down in the living room of some expensive apartment.
The driver had taken me here and said that I was to stay here until further notice. He also didn't tell me who the hell took my son and why?!

"Hazel, please sit down and eat," said Aunt Mariah. She had arrived 4 hours ago. It was already 1 : 30am in the morning and there was no word from Dimitri nor my son.
"I-" My voice croaked and immediately I broke down. Tears were eventually spilling out of my eyes and I couldn't take it anymore.
Aunt Mariah's comforting arms sat me down and she slowly started rubbing my back. "I'm so sorry my child. I'm sure Dimitri will find him," said Aunt Mariah.

"But what if he doesn't?!" I cried. "Oh he will. I know Dimitri, he has to find him. Marshall is his only son and I know he'll do anything for his family. Especially his son," said Aunt Mariah.
I continued crying. "I'm sure you're angry at him but have all hope okay."

I slowly nodded my head. Minutes that felt like hours passed by. Aunt Mariah had managed to get me changed into some comfortable clothing and fee me some yoghurt but I still felt...empty inside.
I sat on the couch and continued waiting. It was now 4am and the stars were slowly clearing. "Hazel, I think you should get some rest," said Aunt Mariah.

I looked at her. Her eyes held worry and nothing else.
I slowly nodded my head and stood up. As I was about to head upstairs the door opened.
My head immediately shot towards it and saw that a man in black had opened it.

In came Dimitri but...blood was covering him.
There was blood on his hands, shirt even his face. No.
Dimitri held no emotion. "Dimitri what-" He ignored me and just walked past me. I felt my heart start to race once more. "Dimitri?" asked Aunt Mariah behind me. I was about to follow him when Marcus came inside. He was also covered in blood. Please no.

"Marcus what happened?" I asked trying to keep my voice strong I was hoping he was gonna say something like it's a prank or- But there was just one thing that I didn't want him to say.
Marcus took slow steps towards me. I looked at him. "Marcus..."
His face was bruised and all beat up. His face told me everything that I needed to know.

"I'm sorry,"