Chapter 9- Kiss a Troll

pic of James to the side >>

~~~~~

Chapter 9- Kiss a troll

For a second I just stared at Macy, my jaw on the floor. How could she do this to me? She knew how I felt about him.

"Seriously? I don't want to kiss that!" Alex exclaimed, a look of disgust on his face.

I scoffed.

"Hey, I'm the one who has to kiss a troll," I sneered, crossing my arms across my chest.

We kept bickering until Macy clapped her hands together.

"Sorry, Sam, it was a dare. You have to do it," Macy said, feigning sympathy.

I glared at her.

"Fine," I muttered.

I scooted to the middle of the circle so I was closer to Alex. He murmured something under her breath before joining me in the middle. I took a deep breath and leaned it, and Alex did the same. Just before our lips met, Alex whispered something to me.

"Don't enjoy this too much, Edwards."

I glared at him. His eyes were bright and alive, bluer than I had ever seen them.

Stop staring into his eyes, Sam! Snap out of it!

"I promise I won't, Storm."

Then, he pressed his lips to mine. Slowly, he started moving them against mine, and I responded quickly. I got lost in his kiss, and I almost didn't hear Macy clear her throat.

"You guys can stop now," she said, and I could here amusement in her voice.

Alex and I immediately pulled away from each other, our cheeks flushed. Alex avoided eye contact, and I was glad he did. I didn't want him to see the dazed look on my face. That would only only inflate his already-too-big ego to twice its size.

"Thanks a lot for that, Macy. Even a thousand scrubs wouldn't make my mouth feel clean again," I grunted, scooting back into my spot in the circle.

"My turn!" Macy exclaimed, ignoring what I said completely.

She spun the bottle and it landed on Alex. Alex smirked wickedly and looked at me.

"It's time for a little revenge," he announced slyly, winking at me.

A smile spread across my face.

"There's nothing sweeter than revenge."

+++++

"I still can't believe you made me do that!" Macy shouted, her voice muffled by the pillow that covered her face.

"It wasn't that bad!" I said, trying hard to contain my laughter.

"I had to make out with a hot dog!" she exclaimed, exasperated.

"Well, I had to make out with Alex! Which is pretty much the same thing!" I retorted, giving her a sickly sweet smile.

I was still a little pissed at her for daring me to kiss Alex.

"Whatever," she muttered, picking up her head long enough to send me a menacing glare.

"Yeah, whatever is right. You're supposed to be helping me pick out an outfit for my date tonight," I said, leafing through the stray shirts that lay on my floor.

"I'll help you pick out an outfit when you're going on a date with Alex," she replied, putting emphasis on 'Alex'.

I rolled my eyes, even though I knew she couldn't see me.