Chapter 13- Heavenly Meatloaf

pic of Stacy to the side >>

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, again, but I hope this chapter makes up for it. A LOT happens in this chapter. Okay, I'll let you actually read now!

---

Chapter 13- Heavenly Meatloaf

"Sam? Hey, snap out of it!"

Alex's voice snapped me out of my daydream. It was then that I realized that I had only imagined that Alex and I had kissed.

Of course, he would never kiss someone like me.

"Um, sorry," I mumbled, turning around and cleaning up the medical supplies sprawled across the makeshift table I had made from a stool.

"Are you okay?" he asked, worry clouding his eyes.

"Y-yeah I'm fine," I stammered, plastering a fake smile on my face.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, totally," I replied nonchalantly, even though I was literally dying on the inside.

I never thought that I, Samantha Elizabeth Edwards, liked a leather jacket-wearing jackass named Alex Storm. But I did. And I was freaking out. Because I had no idea what to do.

"So do you want something to eat?" I asked awkwardly, taking a small step back so I wouldn't do something I'd regret.

"Um no I'm good. I should probably get home though. Thanks for everything," Alex replied, giving me a hesitant smile.

I smiled back.

"Oh no problem. It's the least I could do after what my brother did to your face," I chuckled, following him out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

"Well, see you at school," he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

He waved, and I waved back, before he slipped out the door.

I locked it and sighed. Why was I such an awkward human being?

I was heading up the stairs when the doorbell rang. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked out the peephole. On the other side was a flushed-looking Alex. My heart raced. Had he forgotten something?

I opened the door and he spoke.

"Hey, I was just wondering if I could have a ride home. I just realized that I have no other source of transportation," he said sheepishly.

I laughed.

"One sec let me just grab my car keys," I replied, hurrying up the stairs into my room.

I grabbed my keys out of my purse and sprayed on some perfume. You know, just in case. Then I hurried down the stairs.

"Let's go!" I exclaimed, leading Alex towards the garage. I pressed the button that opened the garage door and cringed when I heard the screeching of the metal as it opened.

I unlocked the car and slipped into the driver's seat. Alex got into the passenger side and closed the door.

I stuck my key into the ignition and twisted it. The engine started and I backed out of the driveway.

The ride started off silent, which was unbearable, so I quickly turned on the radio and Ariana Grande flooded through the speakers.

"Ugh, I hate this song," Alex grumbled, staring out the window.

I guffawed, and not prettily, before switching the radio to a classic rock station. Another One Bites the Dust by Queen was currently playing.

Freddie Mercury's high-pitched voice filled the car.