Chapter 14- Just a Small Crush

sorry for the long wait! i hope you guys like this chapter ;))

p.s. peep the new cover :))))

***

Chapter 14- Just a Small Crush

The next day, I was at my locker, minding my own business, when I was tackled by Macy and Kristen.

"What happened with Alex?!" they shouted, causing a few nosy people to turn around and look at us.

I shushed them before looking both ways to make sure no one was listening. That would be awkward.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, even though I new exactly what they were talking about.

"You know, dinner. You texted us last night at like 1:30 because you couldn't sleep. I think you owe us an explanation," Kristen said, crossing her arms across her chest.

I rolled my eyes.

"Pleeeaaseeee," they begged, giving me their best puppy-dog looks.

I sighed.

"Fine! You two are evil," I muttered, glaring at them.

They both did a little happy dance, which caused me to mentally smack my forehead.

I pulled them over right next to my locker to make sure no one else could hear us.

"I think I like him," I mumbled.

"What? You have to speak up, Sam. Project," Macy said.

"I think I like him," I said a bit louder.

They stared at me with wide eyes and slack jaws.

"I mean, I always knew you guys had a thing but I never knew it was this serious. Oh my god!" Macy said. She was pacing back and forth across the hallway.

Meanwhile, Kristen was still staring at me.

"Guys! It's not even that big of a deal! It's probably just a small crush. It'll go away by tomorrow!"

+++++

I was wrong. It was not just a small crush.

I was in Biology, not being able to keep my mind off a certain asshat whose name starts with "A" and ends with "-lex". I kept stealing glances at him throughout class, not bothering to listen to the teacher drone on and on about the golgi apparatus of a cell, and was disappointed every time when I saw that he wasn't looking back at me.

He was flirting with the blonde in the seat in front of him.

I groaned mentally as I watched her twirl her hair and bite her lip. She was so desperate it was sickening. But I was the pathetic one. Pining over someone who wouldn't like me back.

I quickly turned my attention back to the teacher and kept listening to his speech until the bell rang.

"Remember, your projects are due next Monday! Have a nice day!"

I gathered all my things and scurried out of the room.

"Sam!"

I turned around and saw Alex sauntering over to me.

"When are we going to meet to finish the project?" he asked.

"Um, can you come over to my house on Saturday? Around 3:00"

"Yeah that sounds good, just text me your address," Alex said, grinning before turning around and walking away.

I smiled as I watched him before continuing on to my next class.