Cliché

So recently I read this rant book where the author was ranting about cliches and how by writing a cliche, you are basically disrespecting writing and are just writing to get popular.

But I want everyone to know that I don't write for the reads and vote. I write because I love it. Just because my book has a bad boy in it doesn't mean that I'm writing to get popular.

Even before I discovered Wattpad and the world of bad boys, I always had a fascination with people that are the opposite of me. I'm a huge nerd and I've never done anything to get in trouble. Seriously. I've never been grounded.

So naturally, I'm going to wonder what it would be like to meet someone like Alex.

To me, writing is creating a new universe where I control what happens. If I want to have a bad boy in my story, shouldn't I be able to do that without people telling me I can't and judging me for it?

Also, sometimes, cliches are fun. I feel like everyone is trying to be the opposite of norm and being anti-cliche is the new cliche.

The main reason I wanted to write a cliche was because I felt like I had read all the cliche books and I wanted to introduce my view of the cliche story to Wattpad. I didn't write it for the reads and votes. I wrote it because I wanted to. Not because of anyone else.

So please, if you don't like this book and think it's a boring cliche, don't read it. I don't care if I lose readers because it is cliche. I'm writing this story because it makes me feel happy and it's fun. The reads, votes, and comments are just extra.

Thank you for reading my rant. I'm working on the next chapter right now and sorry for this not being an update!