Chapter 60

Mia was on her way to Arithmancy when someone suddenly appeared in front of her.

"Greetings," her twin brother greeted her.

"What the hell, Mason?!" Mia put a hand over her heart. "I know we're not on the best terms, but I'm still your sister, aren't I? You shouldn't try to assassinate me like that."

Mason's eyes widened slightly. "Of course not! My apologies, Mia, I didn't intend on scaring you at all."

She crossed her arms across her chest slowly. "Uh-huh... What's up?"

"Uhm... well, I kind of need to ask something..."

"Spit it out, then," she tapped her foot impatiently. "If you couldn't tell, I was on my way to class, so I'm kind of in a hurry."

"Right, right," Mason nodded. "Could I see your timetable?"

Her eyes went wide. "My timetable? What for?"

"Reasons," the blonde shrugged. "So... can I?"

Mia hummed. "I don't know..."

"Isn't this the least that you can do for me after what I've done for you? Or did you forget about who took you back to your Common Room after the Ball?" Mason questioned.

"Oh," Mia looked away, embarrassed. "Well, you're the one who got me drunk –"

"Rubbish," Mason narrowed his eyes. "Don't act like I forced you to drink the whole thing! You did it out of your own free will and you know it!"

She shifted on her feet. "Okay, let's just move past what happened, shall we?"

"I will if you show me your timetable," Mason tried negotiating.

"Fine," Mia let out a defeated sigh before opening her bag. It took her a few seconds, but she managed to find the piece of parchment that had her classes on it. "Here you go," she handed it out for him.

The Slytherin took it without hesitation. He was so focused on the paper, it seemed like he was taking pictures of it with his mind alone.

After studying it for a few seconds, he gave it back to her.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you," Mason nodded. "See you later."

He put his hands in the pockets of his robe, then walked away like nothing happened.

Mia was confused, but since she didn't have much time left, she decided not to think about his brother's intentions any longer and just go to class instead.

Before she knew it, it was time for her afternoon classes already.

She was standing in front of the Charms classroom with Sage and Max, a few other Ravenclaws chatting near them quietly.

"So, you and Nathan are official now?" Max asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Yes, we are," Sage flipped her light brown hair back proudly. "Jealous?"

"As if," Max scoffed. "I'm only asking because he wouldn't shut up about you, like... ever. Hopefully our Potions classes will be more peaceful now."

"Is that so?" Sage crossed her arms. "I think you're just bitter. Should we try to set you up with someone?"

"For your information, I'm completely happy by myself –"

"Mia!" Mason appeared out of nowhere for the second time that day, frightening her once again.

"What's he doing here?" Max stared at the Slytherin with a displeased expression on his face.