Chapter 12

4th year

Mia was sitting in a deserted aisle in the library, her head buried in an old book about numerology. She was busy writing some notes down for her Arithmancy essay when she was joined by someone else.

"Hello, Mia-mor," James sat down next to her with a grin on his face.

Mia sighed, then turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Get it?" He started scratching the back of his neck. "Mia-mor? Because your name is Mia, and 'mi amor' means 'my love' in Spanish –"

"I am not your love," she interrupted him.

"Yet," he added.

"And I'll never be," she frowned, turning back to her book.

"You don't know that," James said as he leaned back in his chair.

"I think I do," she muttered while scribbling a sentence down onto her parchment.

"Aren't you supposed to be happy about the fact that I like you?" He asked.

Her eyes widened. "Excuse me?" She turned to look at him again. "Why should I be happy? You're annoying."

"I'm also extremely good-looking," he smiled charmingly.

Mia crossed her arms across her chest. "Says who?"

"Everyone," James said stubbornly.

Mia remained silent for a few seconds before speaking again. "I can't hear them."

The Gryffindor rolled his eyes. "Well duh, we're in the library, they have to be quiet."

"So why aren't you quiet, then?" She looked at him questioningly.

"You could shut me up quite easily," he leaned closer to her.

"Ew," Mia grimaced, leaning away from him.

"Ew?" James gasped. "I'm offended. Take it back."

"How about you take yourself back to your Common Room?" Mia suggested.

"How about I take you back to my dorm?" He grinned.

"That's not allowed."

"Who cares about that stupid rule?" James shrugged.

"I do," Mia narrowed her eyes at him. "Besides, I wouldn't allow you to take me there either."

"You're missing out."

"On what?" Mia scoffed.

"Being with me," he answered.

"I am with you, right now," she pointed out, "and I don't like it."

"Then leave," James stared into her eyes. "No one's forcing you to stay."

"Excuse me?" She turned around on her chair to face him. "I was here first, it's you who should leave."

"But I'm not going to," he turned around as well, so their bodies were facing each other. "What are you going to do about it, Malfoy?"

"I'm going to ignore you, that's what," she glared at him.

"Yeah? Good luck with that," he scooted closer to her. "I'll just keep annoying you."

"Suit yourself," Mia huffed.

She turned back around on her chair and continued reading the book in front of her. She was glad about the fact that she left her hair down that day, because it fell into her face and blocked James out of her view.