Chapter 33

When the day of the first Quidditch match arrived, everyone felt excited and couldn't wait to go out to the pitch to watch Gryffindor play against Slytherin.

Mia was standing in their dorm with Sage, getting ready to leave. She decided to put her hair up in a high ponytail since the weather was a bit windy. She dressed in all black, not willing to show support towards either one of the teams with her clothing.

Sage chose a navy blue sweater, even though Ravenclaw wasn't playing.

"So... no second thoughts?" She asked. "We could still go to the library instead, I bet it will be all empty and peaceful."

"Tempting," Mia nodded, "but no. We might as well go now."

"Alright, but just so you know, it's really not that exciting," Sage shrugged.

"Don't you think I know?" Mia scoffed. "I'm only going because of – well, that's the only reason."

"I'm aware," Sage rolled her eyes. "Let's get going, then, or all the good spots will be taken."

"Fine."

The two girls left their dorm and began walking down towards the Quidditch pitch. When they stepped out onto the grounds, they saw most of the students hurrying towards the pitch and some of them standing around in small groups, discussing what they thought the outcome of the match would be.

A guy covered in gold and red suddenly appeared in front of them, holding a basket that was attached to his body.

"Can I interest the pretty ladies in some Gryffindor merchandise?" He asked, giving them a charming smile.

"What if we support Slytherin?" Sage crossed her arms.

"Then you want to go to Dillon over there," he gestured towards another guy in the distance, who was covered in silver and green. "Though I don't recommend buying from him, his products are rubbish. Oh, I'm Tommy, by the way."

"Unnecessary information," Mia said.

"Tough crowd, are you?" He grinned. "Well, can I perhaps interest you in a flag?"

He grabbed the handle of a crimson flag and held it out towards them.

"I have one for each of the team members," he said proudly. "Except unfortunately I'm out of Stones and Bennetts, but I have all the other ones!"

"You're wasting our time," Mia frowned at the Gryffindor.

"Oh, no, no!" Tommy raised his hands. "I can't have any unsatisfied customers, stay!"

"Dude, we didn't even buy anything yet," Sage furrowed her eyebrows, "so technically we're not your customers."

"This is not going as planned," Tommy muttered to himself. "Here, you can have my last Potter flag," he held it out towards Mia, whose expression hardened.

"Are you kidding me?" She muttered.

"How about fifty percent off?" He bargained. "Only eight Sickles!"

"Mia, we should really go now," Sage glanced at the growing crowd.

"Whatever," she groaned, grabbing the last Potter flag out of Tommy's hand. "Here's a Galleon, just get out of our sight."

"It was a pleasure doing business with you," he bowed his head, grinning. "Have fun at the match!"

With that said, he left them and moved on to the next group of students that he spotted.

A few minutes later, Mia and Sage managed to get decent spots and were waiting in one of the many stands for the match to begin.

After what seemed like forever, the teams finally walked on to the pitch and the crowd erupted in cheers. Mia remained silent as she watched the team members walk up to Madam Hooch. She held the Potter flag in her hand but didn't bother with actually waving it.